tirsdag 14. april 2009

Future workspace

My wife and I have decided to do something with the basement this summer. The general idea is to make it look a little more like regular rooms and a little less like a basement just used for storage.
I have a small workspace in the basement today, and this is shared with the storage of paint used around the house, all the daily stuff not currently standing around the house (like a small pizza oven, flowerpots not currently in use, servingplates, and so on).
The idea is to remodel so that we get one room that we use for storage of "stuff" and one room that will be my workshop. The workshop will be brighter and more comfortable and inviting than the workshop is today. I will get almost three times the space of my current location, double the deskspace and a lot more shelves than I have today. Also I will get a glass cabinet to display the miniature armies in, and I'm working on finding a good solution to display my 1:35 dioramas that I work with from time to time. Hopefully in the new workshop it will be easier to work with my scale models alongside my miniatures.
I will document the work as it progresses, but it won't start up until late june/early july. But still I've already bought some of the stuff to go in the room. Arrangements for the glass cabinet is made, this will be bought second hand and I'm currently awaiting the owner to be home so I can collect it. Also I have bought and assembled a shelf to keep my paints in. This is really a large wardrobe drawer for ties and belts, but when I set it up against a wall it will give me plenty of storage space and easy access to both my Citadel and Tamiya paints.

Ingen kommentarer: