lørdag 12. desember 2015

Unboxing the Relicos Militarum set

I thought I would try something I haven't done before, and that is a picture presentation of the unboxing of a set. I have made a new tag for this, simply called "unboxing". I will not do this for regular small sets, but I will do it for sets that I feel deserve it either because of their size or because they are special in some way.

First out is the quite large scenery set called the "Relicos Militarum". This deserves an unboxing post because it is the biggest senery set in the Games Workshop scenery range (at least so far), and it is combined from parts from many other existing sets (I'll come back to that further down in the post).

The set is a big sacred building that has been bombed and damaged by war, but it still holds some secrets. It comes with its own rules for use in games.
I plan to use this as a center piece for games or displays, so I could wish it came with better assembly instructions or at least better pics of what the designers have used where...

This is the front and back of the box. The back is the only place that really show how everything is supposed to look when built, so do not throw the box away until you're done building...


This is what meets you when the lid is taken off. Lots of sprues with lots of parts...


One sprue contains a broken Aquila and some rubble. This is half the set that is sold as the "Honoured Imperium". The parts that are missing, are the ones you use to build the statue of a Space Marine.


There are four sprues with the walls with the eagle heads. These are some of my favorite wallsections for Warhammer 40K scenery, and I look forward to combining them with regular wall sections unlike how it is done in the Shrine of the Aquila box where these walls originate from.



Here are the last parts for the walls above, the two head parts of the eagle and the stairs. There are also two tall ruined wall sections on each sprue, one large an one small. Four sprues in total. These are also the same sprues that are used in the Shrine of the Aquila box.


Then we have four whole cathedral walls. Two sprues with two walls on each, the total of four walls. Just like the two previous sprues, they come from the Shrine of the Aqila box.


There are four sprues with floors. These are standard floor secctions that comes with all the existing buildings. If I like to use more than there are in this set, I can always borrow some from some of the other scenery sets I have.


There are also four sprues of these wall setions with nice support collumns. These are the nicest collumns of all the existing scenery sets, and these sprues comes from the Basilica Administratum set. The wall sectons here are very detailed, with lots of sculls and other little details that needs extra attention when painting it up.


And Finally there are two sprues of double doors and wall sections from the Santcum Imperialis set. These are also nice walls, but their details are not so complicted to paint as the ones above.
The support collumns on these sprues have been used in different places on my buildings before, both as collumns and as wall decor. I also love the lamps on these sprues, and I might add some from my spares to use on this building as this will certainly be a center piece.


I don't have very high hopes for a quick assembly and paint process for this set. I will need a lot of space and a lot of time to get this done to the high standard it deserves and demands. As a center piece I really feel I should put an extra effort in to all the little details, and give this set the tender love and care that it needs to be the best I can make it. I will need to prime it, and that might have to wait for some warmer weather.

1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

Hello !

Can you send me the scan of the rules for Relicos militarum ?

seb (dot) tau (at) free (dot) fr

Many Thanks