torsdag 22. mars 2018

More Deathwatch

Just as I posted the last post about my beginning Deathwatch army, and how I don't plan to expand it  much, I remembered that I have the Space Wolf part of the Stormclaw boxed set in my storage.
I had originally thought  of selling them, trading them or just give them away to get rid of therm, but after my last post I had sort of an epiphany...
I can join them to my Deathwatch army. That way I avoid my two dislikes with the Wolves of Fenris while still getting the option to use the models.
I have disliked the Wolves because of some of their back story and rules, but now I will use Deathwatch rules and what they did before they joined is of no interest to the Deathwatch...
I also don't need to paint them up as Wolves, and this suits me fine as there are so many purists out there with a meaning of what paints to use to get the correct color on them. Now I will only paint up the one shoulder guard, and the rest will be Deathwatch colors.

If I add the Stormclaw Wolves I get 16 more Deathwatch troopers, increasing the number from 42 to 58. This box have 5 terminators, 10 regular Marines and 1 Captain (being a Space Wolf he is not called Captain though, but Wolf Lord). His name is Krom Dragongaze, and it is said of him that "For every moment of shining heroism in Krom's past, there is an instance of bloody-mindedness or needless barbarism that overshadows it..."
Krom and his Wolf guard lost a battle against Orks on the planet of Alaric Prime, and because of this he's asked his chapter master (the Great Wolf Logan Grimnar) to be allowed to take his remaning warriors and serve with the Deathwatch for a given period of time.

Because of his reputation and the amount of marines, they get to work together instead of being split up to other kill teams. But they sometimes work with others if it is required. They can work as one big group if it is required, or as up to three small kill teams if required.

One of the things that intrigues me a bit is the so called "Black Shields". A Black shield is a Marine that has renounced his chapter and come to join the Deathwatch. The reasons can be many, but if his intentions are pure he will not be sent away. I plan to add several of these warriors, and some of them will come from the Knights of Oblivion. They have renounced their chapter because they want to keep serving the Emperor. The origins of the Knights of Oblivion is not known, some say they are fallen Dark Angels, some that they are a successor chapter gone bad, and some even claim that hey are one of  2 original 20 legions that have been erased from all records. We may never know the truth about this, but they do have a few marines in the Deathwatch fighting the good cause.

I need 5 more Terminator Deathwatch shoulder guards, so I will check what comes in the 10 man box that I have ordered before I get one more upgrade sprue.

Ingen kommentarer: