mandag 29. oktober 2018

Deathwatch

While documenting my Deathwatch army on paper I found out that I was actually missing one killteam (10 man squad) so I had to get one more start collecting box. That also gave me another dreadnought, so now I have one for each of the original five Watch companies. Four Dreadnoughts (think they actually are Venerable Dreadnoguhts) for my regular Companies and a Redemptor dreadnought to go with my Primaris company. The new killteam is built and primed, and ready to be painted up and sent in to action.

While priming my Redemptor I think I got a little too much spray primer on the hinges on the front, so now he top panel is stuck in an upward position. Because of that I am considering sending that Dreadnought to serve with my Gatekeepers and building my second one to use with Deathwatch. Or I can just close the lid and glue it shut. I will see what I end up doing.

Now all that is left is naming some of my characters, and painting the entire army up  to a good standard. I have no hurry in getting the army ready, so I will take my time and paint them to the best of my abilities. As I paint one unit at a time I will also make sure I have a name for the sergeant (or lieutennant if it is a primaris squad) and other members of the squad if they stand out for some reason (an example here is the characters from the Cassius killteam box and also special troopers like Champions and such).

I have named my Watch Fortress  Alamo de Béxar, and I am trying to think up a natural place for it to be located in the universe.
The commander of the Fortress is Watch Master Barret Travis.
After he was made captain in the Deathwatch, he knew he would serve the Deathwatch for the rest of his life. Rumors have it that he then got a Techmarine  to bless his armor and send the shoulder guard with the chapter insignia back to his chapter to serve the chapter with honor. Other rumors say his chapter has later turned traitor and that this is the real reson he has removed the insignia from his armor. Only the Watch Maste himself knows the truth, but now he only wear Deathwatch insignia and he serves with duty and dedication. 
This is the only finished and based model that I have in my army for now, and he stands on my desk so that I can use him as reference for all other Deathwatch models that will be painted.

The Reclusiam is lead by Chaplain Deus, an Ultramarine who trained extensively under Chaplain Cassius and has followed in his footsteps. For this figure I am using the Cassius model that came in the killteam box, but I don't want to use him as Cassius as he has a lot of back story in the existing lore. 
I want to have someone I can make up a story for myself. Deus is a latin word and is often used for sky or heaven, so I thought it to be a fitting name for a chaplain.  
I also have three Chaplains that are missing names for now. One Mortifactors Primaris Chaplain, one Dark Angels Chaplain and one Blood Angels chaplain with jump pack. Of my Reclusiasm models, the Primaris chaplain is the only one that has gotten any paint. He is more than 50% done.

The Librarius is led by Chief Librarian Voldus who like the Chapter Master doesn't show any other loyalties than to the Librarius and the Deathwatch. This model is the model for Grand Master Voldus from the GeyKnights, but I like him so much I decided to use it as Deathwatch. The shoulderguards fit, and my story for him will be solid. I also have two other Librarians, an Imperial Fist Primaris Librarian and the Blood Ravens Codicier Librarian Jensu Natorian (who I might re-name as he is from the Cassius box).

These are the models I have specific names for as of now, but I am working on finding fitting names for the others. I want to have names that sound correct according to what chapter they hail from, but I do not want to use names that is used in official lore. However if a character has two names, I might take two well known names and add them together in a new way to create my character.

Ingen kommentarer: