søndag 24. januar 2010

Status report

I have the pleassure of announcing that I actually managed to finish my Catachan command squad this weekend. Still I might add some extra bits and bobs on them, but as they stand now they are ready to fight!
I still have to do the basework, but that will be done when there are fewer miniatures on the table, so I actually have room to bring out all my basing equipment.

The Cadian command squad has come a big step towards finished too, but there are lots of details on the heads that needs to be done. Small stripes of visible layers that need a different color for each one, and the chinstraps on the helmets also needs to be painted.
I'll also need to paint the ropes for the banner, and glue that on to the banner itself. The heavy flamer guy also needs to get the backpack attached (Still some painting left on that) and the arms attached afterwords.
I have a small problem with arming the medic in this unit, as both hands are used for holding bandages and there are no folding stock lasrifles in this kit as it was in the Catachan equivalent. Still, I guess the medic will get a laspistol or a boltpistol in a holster on his hip. I have a holstered laspistol reday for him, but will look through my Space Marines bits to see if I can find a boltgun as that packs a bit more punch.
Since he is a medic I suspect he will have plenty to do in a fight without using a weapon anyway..

Some of my veteran Space Marines have also gotten some attention this weekend. There are a handful of veterans just waiting to get their shoulderguards and backpacks painted. Was thinking of glueing them on and painting them after, but I see that it will smudge the green robes for sure. That means I stick to my original plan and paint first and just do the final details after they are glued on.
My flamer convertion went a little sour unfortionately, as my arm meassuring was a little off. The flamer looks good, but he can only hold it with his firing arm, the supporting arm is a little behind the flamer, the fingers barely touching it. Still, he might be shifting his grip (or something like that). I guess I just have to make the rest of the miniature look good, then no one will notice that the arm is a little off.
I used one of the beaked heads for him, so he will stand out a little among his battle brothers.

Ingen kommentarer: