torsdag 18. januar 2018

Veterans done

Last night I assembled my ten-man strong veteran squad. This is the second squad of veterans I've ever built, and I know I will need more. But before I make another I will make a regular squad of troopers. 

The first veteran squad was assembled with lots of Forgeworld stuff, as I bought a veteran upgrade kit from them. This second squad was built just with bits from the regular millitarum range. 
The veteran sergeant is armed with a plasma pistol and a chainsword, he got a face with a cigar stump in his mouth from the command squad sprues.
The unit have two snipers with capes, and they are both armed with the long sniper version of the lasgun. Each command squad sprue has one cape and longlas.

The fourth veteran is armed with a big plasma gun, as I love the look of plasma weaponry. This too came from the command sprue, and this was the third veteran in the squad with "special weapons" and that is all I am allowed to take according to the rules.

The rules do state that I can have one veteran with a heavy flamer in addition to the three special weapons, so naturally I grabbed the heavy flamer from the command sprue and made one. I thought the gas tanks were the same on both the command and regular sprue, but either there is a small difference or the heavy flamer has a really bad fit. But I tilted the tanks just a little bit and that seemed to do the trick. 

The rest of the veterans are armed with lasguns with bayonets fixed, and that includes the one carrying the vox caster as I didn't have any more of the arms with the lasgun slung over one shoulder.
But I think it's ok anyway, as I have several vox-men with that same piece.

I had planned to see if I could make females with autoguns or shotguns from the House Escher sprues, but the shoulders looked way too skinny to look good on an Imperial Guard torso. I might try to use the spare Escher heads on some other units, as I know this worked fine on my first female officer in longcoat.



Ingen kommentarer: