onsdag 3. januar 2018

Happy new year!

Happy new year!
2017 is now history. The last things I did in 2017 was building a Command Chimera for my Imperial Guard army. The Chimera will transport my Artillery commander and her command squad, and it is equipped with an extra antenna on the back.
I also bought and started painting the new Sly Marbo figure that came out in stores just after Christmas. I participated in the Games Workshop Oslo Secret Santa event, and I got a box of Genestealer Brood. I have started to paint this unit of eight, and I am going for a purple look on them. I will use two or three purple colors with Naggaroth Night as the base and the darkest color. I will see if I need a contrasting color for some details, but I will look in to that when the skin is about done. So far all eight are painted Naggaroth Night, but only two of them have gotten the next layer on.

2018 has started with building of scenery for Warhammer 40K. I have several of the Mechanicum scenery sets, and I am planning to make a big refinery area. So far I have made four structures. The biggest one is the Promethium Refinery where I have used all the pieces to make one tall massive tank with gangways and smokestacks. The second largest building is a Ferratonic Incinerator with Alcomite stack pipes on top. Then I have the biggest pipe from the Alcomite stack set as a separate build, and this will connect with the tank in the Ferratonic Incinerator set through pipes on the ground. The pipes are also built, but I have not glued them to stack or incinerator as this makes it a lot more easy to paint and store it. I might glue it to the stack in the future.
From the gangways on the Incinerator there is a short ladder that can connect to the final build so far, the Thermic Plasma Regulators. They have been built with a plasma conduit between them and are glued together as one unit. In the future there will be another plasma conduit going from the second plasma regulator to two Haemotrope Reactors.

I have five more sets to assemble before I start to prime and paint this scenery (well, six counting the reactors), and that is a Galvanic Magnavent (this will be assembled with a Void Shield Generator in the middle if that is possible), a Promethium Forge, another Ferratonic Incinerator and a Ferratonic Furnace. The Ferratonic sets will have some smokestacks on them from another set of Alcomite stacks that I have. All buildings will be connected somehow, either with pipes, conduits or gangways (or a combination) and I will have ladders going to the ground from all structures.
I will try and post some pictures when all the terrain is assembled, and then everything will be presented in painted glory when that is done sometime in the future (do I dare say later in 2018?).

Keep painting and building, and enjoy your hobby in the new year!

Ingen kommentarer: