søndag 13. mai 2018

Still working...

It's been a while since I posted (and that isn't exactly unusual unfortionately).
However I'm still working on my armies of small plastic, resin and metal figurines. Just like I've always been...

So what's new since the last update?

I have almost finished the first Gunhauler for my Kharadron Overlords army. There are still a few details to paint, but not that much. I will glue the pilot and the gunner to the ship next, and then glue the dome to the poles sticking up from the ship.
I still haven't figured out 100% how I want to do the bases for this army, but I am really leaning towards doing them the same way as I do my Deathwatch and Custodians as I think that looks  little bit like clouds. And it will look more like that if I use more of the drybrush in certain areas on the big base like on the Gunhauler.

I've been building and priming a lot of Deathwatch models, and I'm really looking forward to buying the new codex that came out this weekend to see what I can legally field. I still have some spare shoulderguards left to add some more troops to the army if the codex lets me do it.
I had planned to add a unit of Devastators to my army, but they come with shoulderguards attached to their weapon arms, so it will not look good if I do it. So I'll try and find another way to add some more diversity to the heavy weapons. It's not like I really need a designated Devastator squad, as the Deathwatch can field almost anything when it comes to weapons (or at least that's what it looks like before reading the new codex). But having the same two heavy weapons in all killteams can look a bit monotonous.

I've been watching 13 episodes of Season 1 of the Netflix series "The Punisher", and a few episodes ago Frank finally put on his very famous "uniform", the black clothes with the white scull on the chest, and that reminded me I have an Ork Stompa to paint up like that.
Da Punisha will be painted mostly black with some metal colored plates where the plates look like raw metal. They will be painted Leadbelcher and then washed with Nuln Oil and drybrushed with Rysa Rust. The rest of the Stompa will be black with some details in other colors.
There are some places where you can see under the black plates, so I have painted the "inside" Eshin Gray. And the big scull on the belly will be painted in a sort of off-white color.
I need to get a few more pots of Abaddon Black, but I will buy that when I go to the Games Workshop store.

I have also built some mechanized troops for the Imperial Guard. I made a unit with one Devil Dog and two Hellhounds. The Devil Dog is the command vehicle of the three, with a commander in the turret. The other two have closed turrets. They have not yet been primed, but will be primed and painted up just like I have planned for all my other vehicles.
I need to think up how I like the unit markings to be, as I would like to start to add that to my vehicles.

Ingen kommentarer: