onsdag 8. juli 2020

The Guard is comming

My local Games Workshop store in Oslo have an event going this summer to make a pledge of what or how much to paint and then finish that pledge by September 4th. The general idea is to get your unpainted models or models still on sprue turned in to a painted army. I have pledged to make 3000 points of Astra Militarum.
To do this I need to paint up a lot of tanks, as they give many points, and also some abhuman units. But i would also like to get some regular troops done as that is what I find hardest to motivate myself to paint.

So far I am finishing my Deathstrike Missile launcher, three Leman Russ tanks and my first Taurox Prime. And as I do this I want to base and finish what is remaining on two of my veteran squads.
Right now the weather is very unstable, with lots of rain. But as son as I can, I plan to prime my heavy weapon Veterans that will fight from my Stormlord. 
The Stormlord can take 40 models, so I have 15 heavy weapon teams (30 troops) and one squad of regular Veterans making it a total of 40.
The heavy weapon teams are three teams (one squad) with lascannons and the rest (four squads) with rockets. I wanted to make the bases a little more than just flat bases, so I have added some barrels on some bases and some parts of buildings on the rest of them. I'm currently debating with myself what color to paint the walls, as this can have an influence on what primer to use (black or off-white). I want my buildings to have more color than before, and I have lots of terrain and buildings to build and paint in the future. And it would be cool if these ruined buildings have the same colors.
I will look at some images and maybe also talk with some staff members at Games Workshop to get some advice from them.

Since the last update on this blog I have built and painted two Imperial Knights (one was primed in the last update I believe). I will try to take some pictures of these and post here soon. I will do that as I take some pictures of some finished Imperial tanks. I am not too far away from finishing the first batch.

Ingen kommentarer: