torsdag 13. mai 2021

There hasn't been many updates lately, but that is not because of lack of projects. It is more the lack of being able to finish what I start.

Since the last update Games Workshop have changed the setup of my Sylvaneth Army. The way they have done this is by teasing an upcomming release of a Tree revenant playing a sort of "flute of life".
I want to have that model in my army, but I can't have only one Tree Revenant as that would look very weird. So even though I originally planned on only having trees I am now going to get myself some boxes of Tree Revenants to add to the army. I still will have a majority of plain trees of all sorts, but I will have a few units of Tree Revenants. Exactly how many it will be, time will show.

I have also decided after reading about the Ironbark clan that I ned more Kurnough Hunters. The idea now is to expand all units from tree to six strong. I will also need one or two more units with swords, so that mean I will need several boxes, but I will do it a little over time. 
I have also decided I will get the Threebeard figure from Lord of the Rings to add to the army as a Treelord Ancient. I had planned to get the regular Ents as well, but I think they will stand out too much so I have decided (well, almost decided at least) to leave them out of the army.
At the moment I am working on glueing together the last three Kurnough Hunters that I have in the house, to complete the units with swords and scythes. This gives me one legal unit of each type. Then as I wrote above each unit will expand in size at a later time. I will also assembe the last two Treelords so I can prime and paint them. I will make one as a Treelord and one as an Ancient.

For Warhammer 40K I have started to paint up my captains for my Deathwatch army. They have been standing on my desk with their capes done for a long time, and I figure I need to get some work done on this army as it is all assembled and primed black. So far I have done the faces and the weapon casisngs for my 6 captains, but I plan to keep working on them  a little at the time until I can call them done. I also intend to take a trip to Games Workshop in the near future, as they hav reopened after being closed due to Covid-restrictions in Oslo. If the store is not too crowded when I m there I will ask for tips on how to re-create the blue glaze that is out of production now. I would very much like to use that on the bases both for Deathwatch and Kharadron Overlords from AoS so I need to use something that is available now. I am thinking that I might be able to use a blue contrast paint thinned with the Lamian medium made for the Contrast range. But I will hear if they have any better ideas.

I also have some Ork models standing on my desk that I would like to paint up. I have the dinosaur gun-platform that I need to prime and paint but I have not decided on what color to use yet so I might just prime it and leave it on the shelf until I decide. 
The Wazbom Blastajet I primed black and will be painted black, so I think that is the unit that will be finished first. I will have to cover everything in a thin layer of black paint so that I can cover up any mistakes as the paint from the pot and the primer has a different shine to it, and then there are a lot of different details to paint. Still I don't think it is too many different colors. I am thinking that I will use two metal colors (one copper and one plain metal) and then sme tubes will need red paint, and the pilot needs several colors. But I think that will mostly be it.
The last unit is the new Haza Hoff. I have actually re-written my fluff to explain how Ghazghkull Thraka can be in two different armies with two different names, and I think I have come up with an explanation that will work well both for the real Ghazhgkull and for my warboss. It will need several colors and has a lot of details so I will take my time to make sure I paint him as a centerpiece. He is not the biggest model in my army, but he is perhaps the most important and a lot of people will probably look at him if I field him. 

Ingen kommentarer: