fredag 2. april 2010

First Easter update, mostly IG

Just before the Easter holliday set in, I got a package from Forgeworld with the replacement for my dreadnought assault drill (that I managed to break while cutting it clean) and my Imperial Guard veterans upgrade kit.
Naturally I wanted to make my Cadian veteran squad at once, and this meant I had to clear some room on the table. I had two plastic command squads almost finished, so I finished and washed them, and I also washed the five troopers that I made earlier.
I originally wanted my troopers to have a clear contrast between the torsos and legs, but since I suck at thinning and mixing paint and washes I decided to use a thin layer of Badab black on all grey and metal areas. The result came out much better than expected and they look like a gritty band of troopers that has seen some time in the field.
The brown parts were washed with Devlan mud and the green, gold and blue got their respective washes as well.
The pictures will be in my next post, I just took them and need to pick the best pics and crop them a little to get the right sizes.

I also started on a scout sentinel (the old type that is part plastic and part metal), and wanted to make something out of the base, so I hightened the base and made a hole in the middle to create a river using my MIG watereffect set. But since it is a battlefiled I wanted the river to be red with blood, however the result looks a lot more like a river of tomato soup... Still I think it will be ok when I have finsihed the base later on, and I have thought up a new way to make rivers bloody in the future...

The cadian veterans are in different states of ready. I had a little problem glueing resin to resin, but hopefully that is solved now.
4 veterans are armed with shotguns, two with lasrifles (one of these is the vox operator), two veterans have grenade launchers, and the last veteran is a sniper. They are lead by my version of Sergeant Bastonne, armed with a powerfist and a boltgun. I have tried really, really hard to find a "regular" hand with a powersword, but I have not been able to find this. So I had to use a powerfist instead, the most important thing is that it is a powerweapon after all. Also I could not find a left hand with a gun, no matter how hard I looked. So I ended up taking a spacemarine arm and cutting off the hand and attaching it to an Imperial Guard arm. It ended up a boltpistol instead of a laspistol, but I figure that will work fine as that also is the preferred weapon for commisars.

Ingen kommentarer: