lørdag 27. november 2010

The Shining...

The Tank is only missing the shoulderguards, arms and head of the tank commander and the serchlight. Painted the skin colour tonight, hopefully I get to paint a little more tomorrow night. I'm going to a concert with my wife, but I hope to be home well before bedtime. If so I will give the arms their final colour and glue them on to the torso, and also try to paint the helmet.
I did a final brushup of the turret tonight, and I think the tank looks very nice now.

I also started to do the first colours of my second unit of Chaos Warriors.
The first unit is the first I ever painted, and it is very black. This time I am going for a totally different look, while still trying to maintain a similarity so that it will be easy to see that they are part of the same army.
This unit is called The Shining, and they are regular warriros from the Empire or Bretonnia, that has been temped and later consumed by chaos. Their commander will be a champion called Kubrick (and yes, the pun is intended).
Their armour is a 3 color scheme with Chainmail, Shining Gold and Mithril Silver. Boots and capes are Bestial Brown.
To make them identifiable with the other units I am thinking of painting the shields black with gold details like the other shields, and have this as a signature thing for the entire army. Also all further warriors will have Bestial Brown capes and boots. But most of the remaining units will have black armour. There will be a unit of Khorne warriors though, that will be black with red armour plates.

Well, time to hit the sack. Are going to participate in a commercial for a telephone information service (sort of the old operator services that patches you through to people you don't know the number to) tomorrow morning in about 8 hours...

Ingen kommentarer: