tirsdag 6. desember 2011

My plans for scenery for Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Following the blog post from yesterday, I thought I would write a little bit more about my plans for scenery, as the blogpost yesterday got very "shady" regarding this.

My plans for the scenery is to start with getting my first forrest (Citadel Wood) finished. So far I have assembled the stems of my trees. Next step is to paint the bark, then paint and add leaves. Also I need to paint the forrest floor with its roots, stones and earth.

Then the plan is to build a ruined tower (Dreadstone Blight) to help me perfect my stone wall painting technique before I build my big tower (Witchfate Tor). The plan for Witchfate Tor is to build it as a complete tower, without any wall damage. Because of this I might create another small ruined tower alongside the Dreadstone Blight, or I might add some height to Dreadstone Blight (whatever looks the best).

My Temple of Skulls is assembled and ready for priming. And hopefully I can spend some time on this as well, in between all other projects. It will be a lot of painting rocks, and I don't think I will manage to do that in one continous action.

Other plans include getting the Garden of Morr, a Fortified Manor House and Skullvane Manse.

I also plan to build myself some scenery for my Dwarfs, but this will have to be scratch built as I don't know any providers that make what I like to make. The Idea is to make an entrance to a mine, and I have an idea on how to do it.
The second idea is to make a brewery for my Dwarfs, but here I am still trying to find possible solutions. I know what I would like to make, but not how to do it.
I won't make too much scenerey for my Dwarfs, as they mostly live deep under the mountains, but I figure they got to have some entrances from the ground down in their mountains, and I would love to make a small valley with a few buildings, and with entrances down to the deep mountain halls. The valley opening should be guarded by some heavy walls, like the ones used for fortresses and city walls. Apart from that, there should be some nice mountainsides and hopefully everything could be modular so that the different pieces fits together. But how I can make this happen is at the moment a little unclear as I need storage space to keep such an item. Might have to make a deal with the wife again...

Ingen kommentarer: