mandag 5. desember 2011

thoughts about what to do next in the armies

Just a little blog post to let my mind wander, and to get some drive for the different armies that I have.
The post is a sort of "what to come" in the future for my armies:

Imperial Guard:
Finishing the Baneblade is first priority. Then it is time to finish the 10 veterans I have on my desk (Bastions Bastards), and then the old metal Cadian command squad (6 figures) and 5 Cadian troopers (ment to finish off a unit together with the 5 troopers who started off my army). It is also high time to finish the details on the orgyns  standing on the table, and I really need some heavy weapon teams. Also it would be nice to assemble and paint the second Baneblade and the Shadowsword, and some other vehicles to get the boxes away from the shelves.

Space Marines:
Finishing the bike and attackbike standing on the workbench, and also paining up the comand squad and the terminators I have started on are the first tasks here. Then the next step will be to paint terminators I have bought on Ebay, and painting the marines standing on my workbench. It would also be nice to finish the dreadnoughts I have cut from their spues, and build some of the different vehicles I have to get some more boxes away from the shelves.

Sisters of Battle:
A temporary codex came out with the latest issues of White Dwarf, but as far as I have understood there will be no new models at this time. So my only task here will be to paint up nicely the models I have on my workbench. When the new codex comes, and models are re-made in plastic or resin, I might take this further.

Warriors of Chaos:
First item on the agenda here is to assemble and paint up my warriors of Khorne, and doing the same with the remaining 3 knights of my unit of 5. Then it is a matter of making units and single figures from the shelves and get them ready for the battlefield. I have no special priority on any of the units, just a general wish to get a playable army painted up.

Bretonnian:
No really big plans for this army. They will stay on the shelves for a while longer, but when I get some of my scenery done, I might paint up at least the foot soldiers to get some people to stand among the buildings for picture purposes.

Dwarfs:
I look forward to getting back into assembly and painting of my dwarfs. The first units that will get attention here are a unit of thunderers. I will also make quarrelers and rangers, but I will see what order I make them in. Also I have a resin Gyrocopter and two very nice White Dwarf subscription minis that I would love to build and paint. I also have several other dwarf units to build and paint up to get a playable army from the boxes on the shelves.

Goblins:
My "all Goblin" army have several large and small units that I would like to see ready for use on the table. Everything from the Arachnarok spider throught the doom diver and down to the Squig Hoppers or normal units of Goblins, night goblins or forrest goblins (spider riders). But the first thing I will make here, are 6 River Trolls (2x3). I think the trolls will be the next item to build.

Ogres:
My first plan with the Ogres is to finish the unit of 6 "regular" Ogres that I have started. After that I might go for a unit of Leadbelchers or Ironguts, before adding more "regular" Ogres and some of the larger sets in the army at a later time.

Scenery:
First thing to make here is a forrest, a dark and a quite scary one. The next thing should be to make a ruined tower...

Ingen kommentarer: