søndag 4. desember 2011

progress has been slow

Finally got to do some painting again. It has been way too long since the last time I sat down to paint.
This afternoon I have done the rest of the laser cannons and the heavy bolters on the Baneblade. I have also done all the grey on the back panel, and painted the barrels on the back Dark Angels green.
Most of the tracks are now painted, but I need to go over them with a smaller brush to cover some of the details. I still need to do the inside, between the driving wheels, and the sides of the tracks. This is quite easy painting and is done in a short time, as long as I don't need to wait for paint to dry before I can finish.

What remains now (apart from finishing the tracks) are the details on the back panel, and this will take several sessions I am sure, as there are so many details that needs to be taken care of. Still, I have a pretty good idea of the colors I would like to use, so hopefully it won't take too many sessions.
There are also the details on the turret, with the heavy stubber and the arms of the officers, and some minor details on the main body of the tank.

The Baneblade will come out very nice in the end, I am convinced of that. Still I have already decided that both the other Baneblade and the Shadowsword will be painted during assembly. There are just too many small pieces that is hard to reach with a paintbrush, and if you reach it you are guaranteed to hit something else that should not have that color.

Hopefully another progress report will follow shortly.

Ingen kommentarer: