mandag 18. juni 2012

Guard and Marine update

I had a plan! That seems to be the way things are for me these days. And the thing with me and plans is that things never happen according to them...

The plan was to have the Heavy weapon squad finished this weekend and also the remaining 3 troopers of the 5 troopers needed to make a 10 man squad for the army along with the 5-pack built a long time ago (in a hobby room not too far away)...

I have fixed some flaws of painting on my Commissars, and also fixed some small chipping of paint after I had an accident with the box they were standing in. Apart from that I haven't gotten much done but I will try and do more this week.

When it comes to the Space Marines, I have painted the chapter markings on all my scouts, on my Chaplain Dreadnought and on a regular Dreadnought (my only "plain" dread so far).
This last dreadnought has been added to the 3rd company with a red rim around his missile launcher. I also did a refresh of the red paint on the missile tips, as this was poorly done originally.
For this dreadnought I had to paint over an Ultramarine insignia with Ultramarine blue, and I gave it a good wash later. I haven't seen it after the wash dried completely, but so far it looks like someone had fixed some battle damage on it, and that might be ok when it comes to looks.

While I was working on my Space Marine list, I also found a Chaplain in Terminator armour. He has a bolter in one hand and a crozius in the other. This is a metal miniature, and I see it is slightly modified when it was released in Finecast. Still, I like my old chap, and plan to add him to the Chapter pretty soon. 
There are a few small details to paint up still, and I need to wash some parts of him. Hopefully it won't be long until the 1st company has gotten a chaplain that wil fit in to a drop pod. The Venerable Chaplain Dreadnought Moses is a little to big, so he will have to come in his own pod.

Ingen kommentarer: