søndag 23. desember 2012

update December 23rd

It's one day until Christmas Eve, and amongst cleaning and tidying so that me and the Mrs. can decorate the house later today I have to fiddle a bit with painting.
While tidying the house earlier this week, the large sword for my Empire Witch Hunter was mysteriously cleaned away, as it was idling on the livingroom table by itself.  So I have ordered another mini from Games Workshop. Luckily the Empire Witch Hunter comes with two options for the weapon carried on the back. So I can still make him a Whitch Hunter, even though he doesn't get my preferred weapon choise. Still if I am going to have two of them, then it is ok that they look slightly different. Most of the mini will be leather color, as he has a large coat and big boots. But I will try to vary the colors a bit where this is possible.
As of now I need to paint the weapons on his back (not yet attached), his face and hair, the gun, the gloves and the metal parts. He's looking good so far, and that's good as it is probably my favorite mini from the Empire miniature range.
As I might have written in an earlier post, I don't plan on building an Empire army (at least not yet), but I plan to build lots of towers and buildings and I would like to have some "town folks" to go along with them. This includes the Bretonnian miniatures I have bought when I still thought I would build a glorious Bretonnian army. Ok, I have a thing for knights, I admit that. But I do not like all the "weird stuff" you would need to make a really competitive list, like pegasus knights, hippogriffs, and those kinds. Also I am not too found of metal minis, and whooosh there goes my plan of a hard hitting army.
I do have some boxes of the plastic knights, the Men-at-arms and the Peasant Bowmen, and they will make great "town folks". Add to this two Empire Whitch Hunters, and some Empire troops, and you have a nice little army.

For the Imperial Guard, the three heavy weapon teams are almost done. Just need to fix some sloppy silver paint on the guns by doing some black paint cover-up. Then the last team needs to get their ammo pouches and water bottles glued on. After that it is just a matter of doing the washing and since almost everything is going to be washed Nuln Oil, then this will go rather quick.
The 5 infantrymen that needed completion have not seen much progress since the last update, but out of the blue there appeared 10 more. These 10 has gotten their pants and boots painted, and torsos attatched. Will paint torsos later tonight, and then start to do the arms for the 13 remaining troopers and equipment for all 15 during the following days. I'll do as much as I can tonight, but I also need to clean the house and decorate for christmas, and wrap a couple of presents.

Ingen kommentarer: