fredag 29. august 2014

Had a productive time this afternoon

I spent some time in the garden today cutting some hedges, and while doing that I found the perfect spot for spraying basecoat on the scenery pieces I have made.
So this afternoon I sprayed the four Quke Cannon Craters, followed by the two Shrines of the Aquila starting with the one built almost straight out of the box. Since that looked to work ok, I got out all the other assembled scenery as well.
So now I have based the Honoured Imperum set, the Vengeance Weapon battery (both towers), and the imperial bunker. I also based that weird communication tower I bought on Ebay a while back.

All in all I think it worked ok for my first ever spray basing attempt. I see there are some places where I will need to use a brush, but I was thinking of adding some drybrushing to all the wallsections and the metal pieces and details would need painting anyway.

This is why it's important to spray your miniatures where it's ok to make a mess...


So apart from making a mess of my old staircase, I got some paint on the scenery as well...





As you can see from these pics there are areas that I didn't manage to cover with the basecoat, but I will fix that with regular black paint. Here are some pictures of the scenery that is painted, and I think it looks quite ok for a first time of spraying.







 More pictures will follow as I paint it up...

Ingen kommentarer: