lørdag 2. august 2014

New sets and some updates

My wife was at a hobby store a few days ago and they had a small Warhammer section on a clearance sale. So she brought 3 sets back with her as a gift for me.
One was a small box of Ork Boyz, with 4 "snap-tight" Boyz. They are now glued to their bases (slotted bases), and I have dry fitted the heads and arms and found the right pieces for the right Ork. But seeing how much easer it is to paint as I assemble, I have decided to wait until I have painted them before I glue them together completely.

She also brought a Space Marine Biker, and this is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The biker was missing the front and back pieces that makes the upper body, but everything else was there. And the box was wrapped in plastic. If I had bought it at Game Workshop I would have brought it back to complain, but with 50% off and a long drive to the store I'll fix it. I have plenty of spare parts in the bitbox, and I am sure I can scramble up an upper body...

The last box she brought me was a set of 3 Chaos Space Marines. Now I don't have any Chaos Space Marines yet, but for a while I have been drooling over the starter-set with Dark Angels and Chaos, so this might be a reason to buy that. I will not start to play Chaos Space Marines, but they'll look good in dioramas, and on the shelves. Maybe I can join someone who does play them at a doubles game sometime, one never knows. The Dark Angels will fit with my Gatekeepers Space Marine chapter.

On the update part I have started to put the different parts of the trukk together. The engine with carborator and fanbelt is mounted, as well as the drivers compartment, the flatbed and the side walls for the flatbed.
I have cut all the remaining pieces from the sprues, and started to assemble and paint the parts so that most of it can get a good finish. This includes among other details both the driver and the gunner, the gunners tower, the wrecking ball and the entry planks.

I have also started to build my fist box of Meganobz, where there will be two meganobz and a Big Mek in mega armour. The Big Mek will be Big Mek Gyvver himself, so I thought I should do something speicial with him.I have a box of basing materials for Warhammer 40K, and in there are a few lovely bases to use for customising a base. One of them is typical urban with pieces of Space Marine items (top of a banner and a helmet), bricks, rubble and tubes on it, so I decided to make Big Mek Gyvver stand out a bit by putting him on that.
I have glued the resin slate to his original base, so he will gain a few millimeters in height, and base painted the base black. On the two other bases for the Meganobz and the grot oiler base I only attached smaller details from the basing box, so these three miniatures arealready glued to their bases.
The Grot oiler is only missing the head, while the two Meganobz and the Big Mek misses arms, heads and lots of details. This will be added after some painting have been done.
I plan to do something more with this kit before the weekend is over, but I don't think I will manage to finish it off this weekend.
The plan is to paint what can be painted on the trukk set, and while that dries I work on the Big Mek and Meganobz.


Ingen kommentarer: