mandag 28. juli 2014

Uppdate on the Orks

I have decided to build Big Mek Gyvver and Big Boss Hazza' Hoff as soon as I can (could I call his personal squigg Buccanna?). They are the two ultimate leaders of the Ork Waagh, and since I write about them so often I find it very natural that they get built and painted rather fast.
I have also continued to work on my Trukk, but there are a lot of small parts and details to paint while assembling to get it to both look good and orky, so the progress is a little slower than I had expected and hoped.

The main chassis is assembled and painted. What remains here are the rims of the wheels. I decided last night to paint them Khorne red as red is the colour for speed within the Ork culture, and one would like the rims to go 'round  fast in order for da trukk to go fast too...
I also need to paint a little black on the wheel axels where they meet the rims. Apart from that the chassis with engineblock is complete.
I am working on painting the fanbelt and radiator, the fanblades on the fanbelt assembly will be red too, and the argument here is the same as with the rims. Not sure with the radiator if it will be red, black, metal or a combo. Will look at pics of other trukks and see if I can see what is customary to do here.

The platform for the placement of the driver and the guntower for the shooter is painted and glued to the chassis. I have also painted the "engineside" of the wall between the engine and drivers compartment.
The flatbed is also painted, with metal, red and yellow plates attached to the black basic construction. I have also painted the side walls, and they will be glued on after just a little detail painting of the hinches.

The next now is to assemble the rest of the drivers compartment and exhaust systems, and then paint and assemble the driver and gunner, as well as the extra equipment for the trukk (gang planks, wreckingball, and such). And then it should be complete and ready for action...


Ingen kommentarer: