mandag 5. januar 2015

...and it actually ended up as a productive weekend after all...

The weekend is now officially over, and I managed to finish my forrest (didn't use all the leaves I thought I would though so I have some left for future woods), I have a Hydra almost complete (still missing 2nd crewman and some paint), and I have two new buildings for my 40K town.

Below is a small description of each new project and some pictures taken on my workbench last night. 
I promise to add much better pictures once everything is painted, as the pics look quite messy with the weird things in the background.

Here are two pictures of my Manufactorum building. This looks pretty much like the building at the back of the Manufactorm box, but there is a modification... The building is one piece longer so it is 3x4 instead of 3x3 (if you count whole panels).
The chimney was a pain in the butt to glue on, so next time I will only glue the bend and add the rest of it when everything is glued solid.


The forrest seen from different angles to try and show the different trees. I might add just a little more leaves on them when I look over them tonight, but if I do it will just be small leaves to hide naked branches.


This is a conversion I think there will be some of in the ruined town. I try to get as many "whole" buildings as I can, and that means that these parts often ends in the bitbox. So why not use them?


This is the frst pic of the Hydra. The black panels on the side will be similar on all Chimera-based chassies, and I will try to think up something similar for the Leman Russ chassies. The rest of the tank will be Administratum Standard Gray. Gunbarrels and tracks and details will get their appropriate colours... In the back by the waterpot you can see the commander of the Abhuman Auxilia, where he commands Ratling, Ogryns and Bullgryns. He will have a command squad consisting of humans, an Ogryn Bodyguard and the unit will have their own commisar.


Here is a look inside the drivers compartment of the Hydra. If you look closely you'll see a little red field by the drivers left arm. That is a tank of some sorts, probably a fuel tank or something. On the platform behind the gunner/driver there will be another crewman, and I am painting him up now.


The second building is a pumping station. I will go over it with greenstuff today and fix some holes that are around the pump units (above the pipes comming in) and some cracks between the roof tiles. 


I really like these streetlights, and want to add as many of them as I possibly can to my city. That means I will build several of these small corners. This weeekend I made two. Both of them have battle damaged floors, and I think most of them will have that, as those tiles are the ones most often being left for the bitbox after assembly of a building.


The second one got a little more battle damage. Looking at these pics now it seems like I really wanted to take a pic of my plastic watercup, but that just happened to be standing there.


Ingen kommentarer: