onsdag 7. januar 2015

Another building made

Monday was another productive afternoon. Managed to build a one storey Manufactorum building from the sprues I had from my already opened boxes.
I also made one more ruined corner, like the ones I put out a few pictures of in my last post, with only two ruined wall pieces. And I made one more lamp post.

But that's not all...
I also built three bullgryns, and armed them with battle mauls and suppression shields. They also got the quite scary heads with gas masks. They will be a part of a unit of five, who will serve both as provosts under the direct command of their Commissar, and in regular combat they will be close combat troops.
These miniatures comes in boxes with 3 figures in each box, so the sixth figure will be a bodyguard built as Nork Deaddog. Not sure what his name will be yet, I'll come back to that at a later time.

From my bits box I will build the remaining four troopers of the command squadron for the Abhuman Auxilia. I have some spare torsos and it will look ok for this command squad to look a little different from each other. They have all done something to deserve the posting they are given. Almost like a penal legion.
I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I know I will make some solid fluff for each human in this unit. What I do know is that the commander (captain?) was one of the poorer graduates from his class in Officer training, and he was sent to the Abhuman Auxilia because High Command did not wish to sacrifice human troops to his poor leadership. But he have proved the High Command wrong, and leads his unit well. They don't like to be wrong, so as a punishment they send him offisers that they dislike for one reason or another.
The commissar was sent to the unit because he was badly hurt in a fight with Ogres of another unit, so they sent him there because they were sure he hated Ogres by now, and that one of them would eventually kill him. Instead he found a unit where all the troopers followed his every order. In his time there, no one has been shot for disobeying orders or for cowardise in battle, and everyone obeys his orders without questions. He also have the five bullgryns mentioned earlier to help him stop riots, brawls or other problems in the camps where they serve.

My plan is that the Abhuman Auxilia will have five bullgryns with mauls and suppression shields, nine bullgryns with grenadier gauntlets and slabshields (one of theese will be a Bone'ead), and then I'll see how many I will assemble as ogryns with Ripper guns. I will also add all the ratlings I have (will not buy more unless there are new models being released) and I will use my old metal ogres as planned earlier. They look rather different from the new plastic ones, but after all there are at least seven different races of them (my army will have three of them).

And now for some pictures...

Here is the new Manufactorum building. This time I glued the pipe bend first, and added the two chimney elements after it had dried.


The new corner, exactly like the one I made last time. Thought about adding a plain wall segment to it, but I didn't want to waste a good door element.


No doubt this will look really cool when it is painted up and put on the table.


Had to to the same with a lamp post. This is not the new one from yesterday though.


I just had to give this officer a big chainsword. He is from the tank corps or artillery train, and is ordering his units to roll out.


And here is a pic of the commander of the Abhuman Auxilia, as mantioned above. He was also visible in the background in one of the pics in the last post, but I thought he deserved a better picture.
What I like here is his head. I think it makes him look a bit like a miniature ogre, and you can see battle scars.


Ingen kommentarer: