søndag 6. september 2015

Armies on Parade - Part 5

Today I primed the bikes for the Armies on Parade board. Unfortionately the glue haven't set as it should and some of the riders arms fell off when I removed the riders from the bikes.
Apparently the process worked well for the first three bikes, but the riders on the attack bike lost one arm, and on the bike I built this morning both arms and he was also stuck to the bike. This bike was something I bought on eBay quite cheap, and either during transportation or during storage the kit had gotten some rough handling. Because of this there were some extra stress with getting all parts to fit like a glove.

This morning I assembled the alternative miniature for my captain. The mini is called Lord Executioner, and he might be a better choice as he will fit with the assault marines. He wears a jump pack, but according to the fluff he should be the commander of the eight company. That company is a reserve company with nothing but assault squads, but I think it will be a long time before I start filling that up in my collection. At the moment I'm working on the first four companies, and I will not fill up new companies until these are filled with the forces needed.
I plan to paint both captains up as far as adding the company colors on the rim of the shoulder guards, and then I will decide what mini to use.

The next step now is to assemble the last batch of Devastators needed for the parade board, and I plan to use three plasma cannons in the squad. If I remember correctly, that was the best weapon configuration to assemble, and they pack a mean punch on the battlefield. I love the plasma weapons as they add a little color to the units, and breaks up the monotony of blue and red. After the Armies on Parade is over, I will take a regular tactical squad and build the remaining five Space Marines needed to make the Devastator units into ten man squads for future use in games of 40K.
This unit will also have a commander, and I will arm him a little different than I did with the commander for the other five man team. I plan on giving him a grav pistol and he might also get a chainsword.
I have not yet decided what to arm the fifth man on the team with. I'll see how the other weapons I didn't use last time fits, and if I find something I like I will use it. If not, he will probably end up with a missile launcher.

I also need to assemble a Kastelan robot with phosphor blasters, as I plan to have two of those on the board.
So far I have one with each weapon option, but for the display I think phosphor blasters will have the best effect. I might build the second robot as well, but I think I will wait a little while with the handler, as he has so many small and intricate parts that will take extra time to paint and will need to be stored while painting. So to make sure I get everything ready for Armies on Parade he might have to wait as I have come a long way with the handler I have already started to assemble.

Ingen kommentarer: