søndag 20. september 2015

Armies on Parade - Part 6

There are some progress, but it should probably have been more.
I have started to paint up the tower, and that is coming along nicely. I have to paint gold and copper, and find out what color I want to use on the sculls on the bottom of the tower.
Then I need to paint the smaller building in the same style later.
I have primed the remaining five Devastators, and I will begin painting them tomorrow. This time I tried a different approach. I chose weapons that felt solid, one multimelta and three plastma cannons.All the weapons had one arm already attached, so I test fitted them and glued the other arm to the weapon. Then the backpacks are glued together, and with these weapons they are all just two parts.

I still haven't decided what captain to use, so I am still painting them both up.

I have decided to drop the Kastelan robots for now, I don't think I will have them done to a high enough standard and I know one of the other great painters will bring a Mechanicum army. So I rather paint them up in due time and use them in my Mechanicum army when I get the chance to sit down and work with that.
I have enough Marines to add some more of those instead if I feel I need more models on the table.

By not using the Kastelans I will get more room on the table for some Promethium pipes and the sludge pit I have planned to use.I still need to see how they will fit on the table, but I think I will need something to add more details to the board.
I have not decided on how I will make these things look on the board yet, but I will try and find that out as I get the buildings placed on the board so as I can see how everything fits together.

Ingen kommentarer: