fredag 24. november 2017

Super Heavy mayhem...

I have finished building the first Stompa -  at least as much as I can assemble before priming. There are a few hatches and armor-panels that needs to be glued on after priming and some initial painting. Hopefully there will be nice weather for priming this weekend, so that I can get it done and start the paintjob.

I have been to my storage room and brought home two cardboard boxes full of models.
For the Orks I have brought home sets of all sizes. Tuesday I assembled a Painboy (no converting on him), and I also have a Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun that I plan to build this weekend. There are two resin figures (don't remember what figures right now) that I will assemble in the near future.
Among the sets I have brought home are also two boxes of Burnas/Lootas, and right now I'm leaning towards assembling one box of each as I like both units and plan to have them both represented in my army. With these units there are several possibilities of converting and making the Orks look special, so I will take a little time building them and use parts from other sets I will also see if I have to paint them in stages or if I can assemble them fully and then prime and paint.
I will also built the five Nobs from the Stormclaw set, and the three Killa Kans that came in the same box. I have brought home one more box of Killa Kans, so I have six Kans that need to be assembled from scratch. I also have tree Kans that are partially painted and assembled from earlier that will be worked on along with these.
The Orks will also get some more heavy support, as the second Stompa is home. This one I plan to build with a heavy flamer instead of the sword, so I am looking into ways of building that. One idea is to use the flamer of an Imperial Knight (brought one of those home as well), but I have to see what is possible.  I would like to add a belly-gun on this Stompa, and I have a Baneblade cannon barrel for this purpose, I just need to think of a way to glue it to the Stompa so it doesn't fall off. This should be possible, as I can do almost what I want inside of it as long as I manage to glue it together in the end. To make it stand out a bit more from the first one, I also hope to include parts that will be left over from my first Gorkanaut/Morkanaut (need to decide what version to build first) and rokkitz and bombz from a flyer set that I plan to build as a Dakka jet. This will help to modify the shoota on the other arm of the Stompa so that too looks different from the first one.

Right now I am assembling a Super Heavy tank for my Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum) army. It came in a huge boxed set (and I do mean HUGE) called "Hammer of Cadia". This box is one of the largest I have seen from Games Workshop in size, and is about the same size as the Relicos Militarum scenery box (that I also have and look forward to building in the future).
The box includes one Super Heavy tank that can be assembled either as a Baneblade or a Hellhammer (I'm building the Hellhammer version). There are also three Leman Russ Battletanks and three Hellhounds in the box.

Right now I am trying to decide if I should have flamers or bolters in the side sponsons og the Hellhound. I am leaning towards flamers as I've read somewhere on a Wiki that the ideal configuration for city fighting is flamers, but I do like to use the bolters because of their look. 

I have two more boxes of Super Heavy Tanks, and one is going to be my second Baneblade, and the other will be a Shadowsword with it's fearsome Volcano cannon (range 120").
If I can motivate myself, I plan to build all three Super Heavy tanks in the near future.
I also have a "Leman Russ Tech-command" box that I brought home. This is a special box that came out at about the same time as the "Hammer of Cadia", containing a Leman Russ Battletank, a "command upgrade sprue" and a Tech priest Enginseer. I should probably build this quite soon, as all the new tanks will need someone to tend to their Machine Spirits.

All the Super Heavy tanks comes with one spare officer on foot, so for the Super Heavies I assemble now that means three officers. They wear the longcoat of the Cadians, and I plan to make one of them into a female officer. Not sure if I will use a head from the Daemonettes as I did with my other two female soldiers or if I should go for a Necrumunda House Escher head (if they are compatible).

Ingen kommentarer: