søndag 5. november 2017

Something huge is comming...

This afternoon I started on my biggest build in Warhammer 40K so far (not counting scenery).
A long time ago, while Apoclypse was still something people played, I bought several Ork Stompas(yes I did write several, I think I have 3), and I've finally brought one home from my storage to build and paint. I also bought several Super Heavy tanks for my Imperial Guard army to make sure the Orks had someone to fight, and just one has been built and painted so far. But the Super heavies are a future project, now back to the Stompa...

So far I have built the body, feet and head, and some poles and chimneys that will be attached when the arms are built and fitted to the torso.
I can truly say that this is one of the worst building instructions I have ever seen, and that says a lot when it comes to Games Workshop. They have never been that great making instructions (weird really as they are so good at making miniatures of all sizes), but in all fairness the instructions have become a lot better in the later years. With the Stompa you only get one drawing of what to attach, and some of the parts you only see from behind so you have to look through the sprues and choose the parts that looks right. All the parts have numbers on the sprues, but no numbers are included in the instructions.

I plan to build this Stompa following the instructions all the way. When I start the second one, I will start to do some modifications so that not two Stompas look alike. 
This Stompa have horns on the head, and because of that I have decided it needs to have the name of a bull. Since the Ork army is named after movie characters or actors, I felt it was right that the vehicles and walkers got the same attention. So this Stompa will be named Ferdi-naan after Ferdinand the bull. Now Ferdinand was a very kind and peaceful bull that just wanted to sit under a tree and smell the flowers, but that is part of the pun. Originally I was thinking of calling it Raging Grox after the boxing movie Raging Bull with Robert De Niro, but I will leave that for a Gorkanaut (or Morkanaut) at a later time using the horns from the second Stompa. Not sure what I will do with that head yet, but if I have the pieces I might add some rockets or something. 
I am adding a scull on the belly of the Stompa, as this is a possibility, and it's going to be painted white and rusty. Because of this, the Stompa Ferdi-naan has gotten a nickname, and that is of course Da Pun-isha after The Punisher, and it will be painted mostly in black with some metal and rust plates and maybe one or two different colored plates here and there to make it more orky.


Ingen kommentarer: