søndag 26. november 2017

The tanks keep rolling in...

Yesterday I finished the Hellhammer Super Heavy tank that will support the Walpurgian infantry when taking back the fallen cities of the Empire of Man from heretics, alien scum or even the ruinous powers.
The Hellhammer is part of the four tanks big Super Heavy Tank division, consisting of one Hellhammer, two Baneblades an one Shadowsword. In the future I might increase the numbers as I love the many different versions of the Super Hevy tanks. Right now they are all sold out from Games Worksop online, so it will be interesting to see if they will be replaced with new boxes or if they will be brought back. Games Workshop is about to release something they call "Chapter Approved" and in here they have new rules for Apocalypse games so they might plan to release new boxes for the Super Heavies.

Today I've finished the command Leman Russ tank from the Tech box, along with the first Tech-priest Engineseer of the army. I will need some more of those but they will need a little conversion as there are only two different models in the range."Luckily" I had an accident and broke off the Servo-skull on the backpack, so I will have to fin another one to use. I hardly ever use them on my minis, so I am sure I can scatter up a few if I get enough time to search. I think that will help a lot towards making them look like individuals.

I have started my Shadowsword build, and I have found that the tracks are especially tricky to build. This is because the front and back drive sprocket either mis-alligns, twists or just don't glue on straight. This happens even though you have a pin that goes in to the sprockets that can only be placed one special way. Luckily I have delt with parts like that before so I have found ways to get arund it, and on the Hellhammer it led to some cutting on the back of the tracks, while on the Shadowsword I glued the back sprocet on after I had glued the tracks to it.

In between doing this I have also started to work on the fluff for my army. I decided a long time ago that they are from the planet Walpurga, named after Saint Walpurga. The people there are called Walpurgians, so the army is the Walpurgian something. I will give the different units special names, and nicknames, and find my commanders for the army. High command are named after Generals from the American Civil War, but other officers and named characters get their names from all over.

Ingen kommentarer: