fredag 8. desember 2017

Progress with several armies

I have done some more work on my Imperial Guard army. The Walpurgian 3rd Brigade have gotten their third Super heavy tank, and this time it is a Shadowsword. It is assembled, and along with the Hellhammer it is also primed and given the factory color of Mechanicus Standard Grey. The Walpurgian forces like the grey, but they will send it to their shops to add Abaddon Black and a detail color to be added to small areas. At the moment the idea is to use Caliban Green, but I will have to give it a try and see how it looks before a final decition is made.
I will also bring home my already assembled and painted Baneblade from storage, to give it the same color scheme, as it is mostly Mechanicus Standard Grey today.



I was quite active with the black spray on Sunday, and the Stompa and several Orks are also primed, alongside the female Commisar (not a GW model), my first Grundstok Gunhauler (smallest ship of the Kharadon Overlords) and a Techpriest Engineseer. They will all be painted up in the comming weeks, some sooner than others. I will add some spikes to the Stompa, and prime them with Imperial Primer along with the Grots that service it. I have an idea to make several Grot wehicles, so I might save some Grots to use on these.

I look forward to assembling more Kharadon ships in the future, as it was a fun build so far. All I need to decide now is the color scheme I want to use. I would like to have colors that are quite easy to get a good paint result with, but also that look good together. I have already decided that my Kharadons will have some blue in their colors, but I'm not sure yet if it will be a dominant color or just a supplement- or contrasting one. While painting I will also prime and paint the pilot and gunner and add them to the ship when the model is ready for that.

The Walpurgian 3rd Brigade have more reinforcements comming. I have finished a command Leman Russ Vanquisher tank, and have also assembled and kitbashed a female officer. She has the torso of the officer that comes extra in the Baneblade boxes, and I have swapped the male head-options for a female head from the Necromunda House Escher pack.
Major Belle Boyd of the Walpurgian 3rd Brigade, 2nd Armoured Regiment have been selected to be in charge of all artillery units in the Brigade. She answers to Colonel William Tecumseh Sherman, who is the Commanding Officer of the 2nd Armored Regiment.
Some might recognise the name of the CO, and yes that is right the name is taken from the American Civil War (1861-1865). Sherman was a Major General for the North, and went on after the war to become the Commanding General of the US Army when General Grant was elected president.
Belle Boyd was a spy for the South during the war, and was granted an honorary title as captian by General "Stonewall" Jackson (Who also is represented in my army as a Colonel and commander of the 1st Abhuman Regiment).
I plan to make up a short info file on each leader in my army (including sergeants), characters and regular troopers that is special for some reason or other.

I have bought the Necromunda boardgame and the rules for using them with 40K scenery. The game itself will be a gift for myself for Christmas, but I have bought and assembled one extra box of House Escher gangers, as I plan to make that my Necromunda gang (unless some really cool gang is released in the near future).
Some of the gangers were a little hard to get to stand on their bases, so I had to cram them up betweeen two bottles of paint until the glue dried. To the left of the paint bottle is Major Belle Boyd.


The Goliath gang that is included in the Necromunda boardgame will also be assembled and painted, but I don't think I will use them in games with other people or have too many of them.
I do love the scenery released for Necromunda and Mechanicus, and I have many plans for building up a big factory area with those scenery packs. Probably a prometheum refinery or something like that, so I can use a lot of pipes and gangways. But more on that in a future post.

Ingen kommentarer: