torsdag 12. juli 2018

Mostly Knights

This post is going to be mainly about the Imperial Knights, but we'll start with one more update on the Deathwatch.
I have now just the Interrogator-Chaplain to add to my 247 man strong army to make it complete. Then I need to build the Redemptor Dreadnought and the vehicles, but I will do that at a later time. Before I do I will need to get to work on my Armies on Parade entry.

I was going to work with painting Da Punisha yesterday night as my wife went to work for a night shift, but instead I started to work on an Imperial Knight. I built both the legs, and this afternoon I have built the hips and put the entire leg assembly together. I have not put on any armorplates, as I've been told the best way to paint a knight is to to the armor plates separate from the torso.
I've also built most of the main body on the torso. What is left now is the head, the arms and attaching the top armor and doing all the details on that.
I've started to think on what color scheme I would like to have on my Knightly household, but haven't landed on something yet. At the moment I am thinking of a brown and green combination to indicate that they come from a forest world, or maybe just two shades of green. I like Caliban Green a lot, so if I use two shades of green that will be one of them. Death Guard Green might be the other shade but I will have to do some tests to see how all the colors will work together.
If I go for green and brown, then a light brown might look good with Death Guard Green, but time will tell what I end up with.
The only palette I know so far, is that the window on the hatch to the cockpit will be in the same pale Lothern blue as I use on the globes for the ships of the Overlords.
Then the legs and arms will have to be metal, and to keep it a little muted it will have to be basically done with the Leadbecher and after washing everything with Nuln oil I can use some of the lighter metallics on certain areas. Also I think I will use either Stormhost Silver or Retributor armor on the edges of the metallic plates.
Another idea I have is to have hazard stripes on the middle of the top plate for some of the knights, and one the side of the top plate for some others, and for the Reaper chainswords and the Reaper chaincleavers for the Armiger Warglaives


Next week I will finish my first Knight, but I will also do a lot of painting on my Stompa and get the hatches glued on. Then it is a matter of painting the big areas like metal armor plates, the big gun, the chainsword and when that is done I can go in to the details.
I will also need to paint up my Grot tanks, vehicles and some Ork boyz. I know how to paint the boyz as I have some that I am very happy with. I plan to use some of them, but I need to have the right weapons and poses.

I will also need to build my Morkanaut, but I am quite sure that will go rather quick even though it is a big model.

In between all this I also hope to paint my Deathwatch, and prime all the models not yet primed.

Ingen kommentarer: