onsdag 14. november 2018

A grand Knight (Freeblade)

I think I have mentioned this one before, but  it seems like I haven't shown pictures on the blog.
The knight is painted by a  former staff member at my local Games Workshop store in Oslo, Mats Stangjordet.
Mats is not only a great painter, but he is a great guy too and he has helped me a lot with my painting and unit building over the years. I could always ask him for advice, and he would say what he would have done and if you chose to do it another way he would support you anyway and help you as best he could when you asked for it.
Mats has a big interest in Japan (and actually live there now) and you will see Japanese writing on several places on the Knight, and it also has a Manga inspired female on its left shoulder.

On the pictures the banner that is supposed to be hanging under the torso is laying on the ground. This is just because I want to attach the same piece to some of my own knights before I try to do it on this one as I do not want to damage anything.


Here is a close-up of the shoulder with the anime figure. You can also see a delicate checkerboard pattern on the middle section of the knight, painted in quite neutral colors. This is one of the details that help this Knight stand out, and it is repeated on other armor panels other places on the body.


I keep this Knight on top of my work table as an inspiration for myself to try and always paint each miniature a little bit better than the last, and also it is very pretty to rest my eyes on when I need to look up from the figure I am building or painting. 
I would love to try and make the same kind of bases as Mats did on this for my knight army as such a big figure deserves a base that is more than just some paint slapped on a flat base. I don't think I will get the exact same colors, but I will try to do something similar.
The knight will be brought to games if I can, and I'll be proud to field it among any of my Imperial armies.

Ingen kommentarer: