lørdag 17. november 2018

More reinforcements for the Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum)

I have built some vehicles for my Imperial Guard army, The Walpurgian 3rd Brigade

Major Belle Boyd have gotten two Basilisk mobile artillery units to her artillery company. I spent some time trying to make some crew members. Unlike the Wyvern/Hydra set, the Basilisk set only comes with one full crew member. You can make one more that is based in the turret up front if you like, but that is no place to be when the guns are in position.
I recently bought a Start Collecting box for the Astra militarum, and in that box you get a tank, a Commisar, a 10-man squad of Cadians and a heavy weapon team. I decided to give the 10-man squad a heavy weapon option and take two people from the squad to serve as crew for the Basilisks.
I wanted some variation to the crew,  To do this I took one kneeling pair of legs from the heavy weapon team and  pair of standing legs from the 10-man squad. I then gave the legless man from the heavy team standing up legs.
To get everything to look nice, I decided to make a little diorama for my heavy weapon team. I found a bit with two barrels from one of my super heavy tanks, and decided I could use that as a stand for the heavy weapon. I chose a missile launcher as this is a weapon that the gunner has on his shoulder. Then he can rest the front of the weapon on the barrels to steady it. His second is kneeling behind the barrels but is looking around the side with a rangefinder to call out the range.

I had a spare arm pointing, so one my my vehicle commanders got that and the other got the arm raised in the air that comes with the set. They both got the other arm from the sets and I gave them both a pair of binoculars to hold. To make it look different the dude with the pointing arm got an officer head with a re-breather.
The crew members were built to mirror their officers. The loader on the one with the re-breather got his own re-breaher unit. I am not sure what set that came from, but I think it was a command set as it was just five on the sprue. He got kneeling legs and is kneeling by the radio set I placed on the back platform. I also added a crate in front of the radio to hide the fact that is don't have an operational panel (this is usually against the back of the trooper carrying the radio). On top of the crate i put a weapon for the crewman to use if their position should be overrun by enemies. On the other side of the platform I placed four rounds of ammunition for the Earthshaker cannon on the Basilisk. It is really ammunition from the Super Heavy tank sets, but I will never make any of my super heavies in such a position as I will need the ammo with them. There are two different kinds of ammo, so I am claiming one to be an incendiary round while the other are regular exploding ammo.
On the second Basilisk the crewman is standing up. I plan to have him doing something by the barrel of the gun with one hand, maybe closing the hatch after he has loaded in a round to fire off. The other hand is holding his helmet. I found a nice bare head with a scar and nice hair.
This Basilisk also have a box with a weapon on top of it, and ammunition on different sides of the platform.

I also assembled a Chimera. The new sprues obviously have several options for the turrets, and I ended up putting a heavy bolter on this one. I also gave it a dozer-blade and a heavy flamer in front and put a Catachan driver in the turret. This means it will serve with the 27th Infantry Regiment under Colonel George Gordon Meade. The next Chimera I build will have a heavy flamer in the turret, and will serve the 25th and Colonel James Longstreet. All the Chimeras are part of the support company of the 2nd Armored Regiment, but serving with the infantry regiments.

I have also decided that I will need to make one more Infantry Regiment, as I need somewhere to place my Tempestus Scions. I have not decided what I will call them yet, but I will come back to that when I present them here on the blog. They will not use Chimeras as personal transports but Tauroxes instead. They will also be part of the 2nd Armored.

Ingen kommentarer: