søndag 12. mai 2019

Progress on th Super Heavies

I started to paint up my Super Heavy tanks this weekend, and decided on the color scheme for all my vehicles. The sides will be black as they have been for a little while. The hinges at the bottom will be Caliban Green, this has been decided for a while but not implemented before now. Also this weekend I decide that the side sponsons also should be painted the same color. This will be done for both the Super Heavies and the Leman Russ tanks (all my Leman Russ tanks have side sponsons). For the vehicles based on the Chimera chassis, there is a square plate where they have the Imperial Eagle or the winged scull and a banner where you can add a vehicle name, and this plate will be green on these vehicles.
Also all the turrets will have a black background color, but then some parts will be painted in other colors. For my Super Heavy tanks I think the top of the turrets will have the same color as the main body of the tank, and that is Mechanicus Standard Grey.
For the Chimera style chassis I have used XV-88 to paint the soft cover around the front gun. I will also use that for the seats in the cockpits on the Valkyries and the driving compartments of the Manticores (if I choose to make them open topped).

For the Baneblades and the Hellhammer the armorplates between the hull and the turret will also be painted black. I have not yet decided if the curved cover over the viewports will be painted black like they are on the picture below or if they will be Caliban Green. The part of the viewport that is supposed to be the armored glass will be painted in a very light blue, but I don't remember the name of the color right now.


This is the front of my only Stormlord. This has a different tower that is raised directly on the hull, and here the armorplates around it are all painted black, and this will also be done on my Shadowsword.
I've added a green shield on the front of the main gun, as I just thought it would look good. Here you can see how the turrets on the side sponsons are also painted black like all other turrets.


The light is not the best, but here you see the side of a tank with the side and sponon painted.
The Imperial Eagle will probably be painted silver, and the ladder at the back will be Leadbelcher.
I will also use  Leadbelcher for the tracks, and I might use it for the "wheels" as well but I might also fin another metal color for those.


At the same time as I am painting these, I am working on my first Manticore that is not done anything with from before, so it is being painted from the primer as the Super Heavies. And I am also putting my final touches on the first Hellhound I built.  
Pics will follow (hopefully in better light) when the vehicles are done.

Ingen kommentarer: