lørdag 25. mai 2019

Super heavy progress, and a discovery...

My wife's working nights this weekend, so I decided to take a trip to Games Workshop in Oslo and sit there for the day an work on painting.
The good thing about being there is that if I get distracted from my painting it is to build a new set and that is also helping my armies grow. If I get distracted at home I might sit and read a book or watch something on TV or on my computer and that does not finish armies.

Today I brought with me the hull of my second Baneblade Super heavy, Steel Fury, and managed to get a lot done. I would say the tank i about 75% painted now. There are just a few details left on the hull, but there are a lot of small details on the tower and this will take some time to do.

While working on the hull I discovered there was some places where the grey spray hadn't covered the black primer well enough. So I took out a pot of the same grey color and started to paint, only to discover that the grey spray called Mechanicus Standard Grey is a lot lighter and a little more blue than the pot with the same name. So I ended up painting the entire hull again with a brush trying to make it a thin coat.

I have also done some work on the turret, painting the top and the top hatches. Tomorrow I will start to work on more details on the turret, I have some plans to paint some of the armor panels on my tank turrets in different colors marking their designation in the squad, and I will look for a way to do that with my super heavies. I know how to do it for the Baneblades and the Hellhammer as they have normal looking turrets. But the Shadowsword and Stormlord have turrets that just extend up from the hull. 
I think I have an idea how to do it for them as well, and I will try it on the Stormlord tomorrow.

Ingen kommentarer: