søndag 6. september 2020

Imperial Guard 2 more Leman Russ tanks

 Here are two more tanks for the 2nd Armored Regiment. This is an Eradicator and an Executioner

The Eradicator is part of the 3rd Squad as one can see from the tan markings on the turret. It belongs to Tank Company Alpha and is commanded by Lieutenant Benjamin Franklin Butler.

It is armed with the Nova cannon who easly blows away both barricades and the soldiers hiding behind them (just bout the same cannon as in the Hellhammer just a bit smaller). It also has a lascannon and the side sponsons are armed with heavy bolters. 


It also has a searchlight and smoke chargers. as I like to put that on as many tank as I can. But for this one I opted not to put a dozerblade on it. I do love dozerblades, but they don't come with both Leman Russ tank sets, and it is not usually on all tanks anyway. This is the first Eradicator in my army, but I am sure it will not be the last as I like the look of the Nova cannon.


From the back it looks like any other Leman Russ. I like the look of the Leman Russ tanks from all angles, and that might be the reason why I want to have entire tank companies.


The Executioner is a relic armed with a plasma destroyer as its main weapon. It belongs to first squad of Bravo company and is commanded by Lieutenant Oliver Otis Howard. Its side sponsons also have plasma cannons, and the front has a heavy bolter and a dozerblade.


Here we see it from the side, and as we see the side sponson guns are pointing quite far out from the tank. I am not sure how it happened but they sort of stuck that way either during building or during painting. I would have liked them to be a little closer to the tank body, but one has to work with what one is given.


This is what the Executioner looks like from behind. What differentiates it from other models is the extended back part of the tower where it has a plasma coil.


This is the first time I tried to paint plasma weapons this way. I got a guide from Duncan Rhodes who used to be the main painter for the painting tutorials on Warhammer TV but now has his own painting academy. He demonstrated how to paint blue plasma coils in a video, so I kindly asked him how he would do it with green and he told me how he would do it. I think with some time and experience I will manage to make all three colors visible in layers, but I am quite happy with how it turned out for this tank.


Ingen kommentarer: