søndag 6. september 2020

Imperial Guard Hellhound

This Hellhound is the first model I painted with the new squad colors, and I am quite happy with how it turned out. The Hellhound is designated a flame-tank and is built on the chimera chassis.

It is armed with an Inferno cannon in the turret and a heavy bolter. The Inferno cannon has a shorter range than the heavy bolter, but it spews flames in to every nook and cranny and makes everything it fires against go up in flames. Hellhound crews are often seen as crazy fools for serving in these kind of vehicles with that much of explosive fluids in the tanks in the back.

This vehicle is from the first squad and is commanded by Lieutenant William Scott Ketchum. 


This is how it looks like from the sides. The left side has a short armor plate and then a relay array, while the right side has the full armor plate with the Imperial eagle symbol. On this model I remembered to paint the rectangle in Dark Angels green before taking the pictures.


Here is a picture taken from above to show the tanks that are in the cargo hold. This model has four tanks. They are painted in red, just like the prometheum tanks that the flame troopers have on their backs. On this model I painted the barrels before I assembled them in the cargo hold, but on some of the other Hellhounds I have built everything before painting so I am a little exited to see how it will be to paint those. I know I will get more of these, so if painting a fully assembled model is harder I will go back to painting the tanks before I assemble them in the back.


The final pick show how the Hellhound look from behind, as one can see the tanks are pretty well protected.



Ingen kommentarer: