fredag 9. oktober 2020

Ogryns with ripperguns - 1st unit

Here are the pictures of my first unit of Ogryns with ripperguns. I am sorry the lighting is different in some of the pictures and not up to its best. I will keep working on that as these picture was taken the first time I used my lightbox. Hopefully when I take pictures of my second unit in the future, the quality of the pictures will have improved a bit.

This first pic shows what comes in one box of Ogryns, 3 figures with slightly different poses.


Like I have written in earlier blog posts, I like to replace their heads with the heads of their Age of Sigmar counterparts to smarten up their looks and make them look a little more wild.
The Ogryn on the right in this picture is my favorite so far.


Originally from the instructions in the box, some of the Ogryns come without shoulder guards and most come just with one if they have any, but I think they should wear two if they can, so all my Ogryns is equipped with this as standard equipment. I think it makes the models look cooler, sort of more military and more in uniform. I imagine they strap them on somehow, and that is why you can wear them even though you don't have any other body armor. The exception from the shoulder guards are some of my Bullgryn suppressors that I have built from the Age of Sigmar Ogor sets, as they don't come with shoulderguards in the box. But they look so different anyway that this can be easily explained.


One thing that is not uniform is what they carry on their belts. I try to add a mix of pouches, grenades, extra ammunition and water bottles to give them some individual character. 


Here are two more. The one on the left in the pic is the squad leader, a so called Bone'ead.
For the Bone'eads I like to use the heads supplied in the box, and for this reason he looks a little bit different than the troops he command. He doesn't have the wild beard his other fellows often seem to have, but he has a mustache instead. He also has a steel plate in his head where he has gone through some augmentation, and it is much easier to show that by using the original head than trying to implement something by cutting in to- and gluing on to the others.


I was not too happy with the color of the t-shirts of this unit, but since it was called Ogryn camo I just had to try it. I think it came out a little too bright, almost neon, but still it looks ok so I decided to keep it. I might even use it on another unit at a later time, but for most of my Ogryns I think I will use more of a traditional light green color.


Then we have the final two, to make this a nice unit of six.Like the first two this is one with and one without t-shirt/singlet. 



Ingen kommentarer: