søndag 21. august 2022

From the workbench #2

The first time I did this I did not think it would be a returning post, but I liked showing off what I am working on in a better way, as it is very inspiring to see progress in pictures.

After finishing the Great Unclean One I needed something else to paint, and I had some Stone Trolls (or Rockgut Troggoths as they are called now) standing in a box waiting to get painted. I had one that has both the soft and hard skin painted, two that only had the hard skin painted and these three that was just primed. The next step now is to take all six and paint their soft skin in the same color I use on the pants of my Cities of Sigmar army. I originally used a darker tone, but I can't remember whitch one and I think a lighter tone will look better anyway.


I also wanted to try my way with the Squig Hoppers and Boingrot Bounderz that I have primed, as I think these will be lots of fun to paint and see as a finished unit. I started with five Squig Hoppers and the big one is a Loonboss on a giant cave squig. I used three colors on them so far. Screamer pink on the tongues, Volupus Pink for the inside of the mouths and the gums and Fleh Tearers red for the skin. I use quite a lot of the red, and I like how it makes the skin look. Hope it looks as good when it is all dried. 


The River Trolls (Fellwater Troggoths) have been painted for a long time, and I finally got them based and the rims painted. But I have been putting off doing the drybrushing, but I'm doing something with it now. They are supposed to be in a mire or myddy water so I want the bases to look the part. I will try to make them without using water effects as that is not a part of the regular GW stuff.


I wanted to prime the Chaos Knight Tyrant after finishing it today, but it has been raining most of the day so I haven't been able to prime it. It is in pieces and that is because it needs to be primed like that to get the right colors in the right places. And I need to paint the arms and hook them on the body before I glue the big shoulderguards on to the body. Everything will be primed black, but then the legs and maybe the sides of the upper body will be primed again with metal.Then the metal parts will be washed heavily and the rest will be painted Dark Angels Green. 



Ingen kommentarer: