onsdag 10. august 2022

From the Workbench

Here are a few snapshots of what is going on at my workdesk at the moment. Before I say anything else, I know I need to tidy up, and I will. My challenge is that I have such a small workplace so I have no place to store ongoing projects so everything ends on the desk. But I plan to get some more shelves and that will solve some of this problem.

First picture is of a Chaos knight in the making. This will be a Knight Tyrant, the biggest of the Knights awailable from Games Workshop (Forgeworld might have some bigger, I haven't checked). The main idea is that my Chaos Knights will be fighting alongside my Chaos Space Marines (The Knights of Oblivion). Originally I had planned to have one knight, then all of a sudden they were two as one of my Knights of the Appocalypse had fallen to chaos as part of the back story, so I needed an Imperial knight that was slightly corrupted and not a full on Chaos one, and now I think there are four Chaos Knigts plus two Chaos versions of the smaller Armiger type. So I might actually be able to field the Chaos Knights as a force of their own (I do have the rulebook to do so), but I will see then they are done how many points I have.


Here are two pictures of The Great Unclean One. There is a little bit of work remaining, as I need to paint the rim of the base in green and also use some green tones on the top of the base as drybrushing to give it some depth. This will make the base identical to the style I have on my Sylvaneth. I don't think all Age of Sigmar bases will be exactly llike this (there will be some moutntain bases for my Duardins for sure, and some snow bases for my Ogors), but I try to make basework quite similar for all my armies to show that they fight on the same battlefields.
I will also add some Nurgles Rot on a few places on the Great Unclean One, like the intestines and some of the deepest wounds.


To the left we have an ongoing Necromunda project. This is the start of one of the three factions I have decided to have for this game (with a hope to also be able to use them for 40K in the future). This is a unit from the Ash Waste Nomads. The other two factions are Squats and Enforcers. I have finished the "fleas" but the riders are only primed as I am trying to figure out what colors to use on their capes.
I plan to do some more with the bases (washing and maybe add som tufts) but I need to do some planing first, and I need to paint the rim of the bases dark brown..
Beside the "fleas" is an Empire Steam Tank with a Duardin Engineer as a commander. This tank is primed and I am debating if I should paint everything as it is now, or glue the remaining parts on and paint everything after. 
To the right of that is a Chaos Space Marine Warpsmith (their equivalent of a Tech Marine) that I glued together on Monday, and next time I have enough models to fill a boxtop I will prime him. He will go in a box awaiting priming the next time I sit down as he is glued solid to his base now. 
To the right of this is a unit of Empire Greatswords with some Bretonnian Knights in the back. The Knights are still being painted, while the Greatswords are just waiting to get a little tune-up before they get their bases painted.


Here we see more Bretonnian Knights and the Greatsword unit, and together with the Steamtank they are the beginning of my Cities of Sigmar army. 
Among the Greatswords is a Cyclops Demolition Vehicle (from Forgeworld), a small remote controlled vehicle filled with explosives for my Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum) army. 
In the background is a unit of painted Duardins that I painted several years ago as I was making a Dwarf Armies on Parade board, but I couldn't fit them on the board so I left them for later. But all their arms has been put in a little plastic box, and that was laced in a storage box when I moved and I have not found them yet. If I don't find them I am sure I have plenty of spare arms to use on the sprues of other units.
To the right (just behind the torso of the Knight) are three River Trolls for my Gloomspite Gitz army. Like the Great Unclean One they are missing paint on the rim of the bases and drybrushing with green on top of the bases. 

That is all for now. I will present the units in separate posts when they are 100% finished. And next time I make a workbench update, I hope it looks a bit more tidy.


Ingen kommentarer: