mandag 29. mai 2023

Ogors and Guard update

I haven't finished any units since my last update, but I have done some work. 

First off i have started to paint my first Field Ordnance Battery, the biggest mobile artillery in the Guard that isn't self-propelled. I till haven't figured out what units are used to pull them in to position, but I am hoping we will get some units for that in the future.
The bombast field gun, the one that looks like a regular cannon, has gotten a coat of Mechanicum Standard Grey. The next I need to do is paint the front shield and the wheels black and then the barrel (at least parts of it) and some small details metal. Then I plan to paint a stripe on the black shield, but I have not decided yet what color it shoud be. I'm currently considering red, yellow or orange.
The malleus rocket launcher has also gotten a coat of Mechanicum Standard Grey and the plan here is also to paint the wheels black and maybe the front support pillar. Then the rocket pipes will get a metal color and some green details. Then the plan is to paint the front of the front support pillar in one of the colors mentioned earlier. 
Then I will paint the crew and the ammo boxes. I am still considering if I want to give the crew the same look as the infantry or if I should give them a different color on their coats. I think it depends what I end up doing with the cavalry. They have Russ Grey jackets now, but I am not sure if I like the army to have so many different colored jackets or if I want most of my army to be the same. 

I have also built and primed an Ogor Ironblaster. It was an interesting build with one of the biggest instructions I have seen on a Games Workshop model. It had more steps than on some much larger models that is around today.
I ended up building it skipping some of the steps, but I still think I managed to get it to look as it should in the end. I am looking forward to see if the instructions have changed lately, as I have ordered up a new one. The one I built was from when Warhammer Fantasy was a thing, so it was really old. I know I will get more of them as I would like to have at least two maybe three Ironblasters and one or two Gnoblar Scrap Launchers that is built from the same set.

Another unit I have built and primed is a unit of Gluttons, apart from the Gnoblars. I plan to build me some of those too, but I'll get to that in due time. I have lots of them in the bitz boxes but they are basically lots of two different models as there are two models that you only glue a head to and there are 3 sprues with these models in each box A regular unit would have two of them, but it is hard to make them look individual.

I ran out of square bases for the Ogors now, I only had four left, but I found two bases of the right size that had some rocks and a dwarf shied on them. I am not sure what models they were made for originally, but it seems I have built the models on different bases in the past.

Games Workshop don't sell the square bases anymore, but they will bring them back when the Old World models come out some time in the future, but I think that is still quite a long time in the future. So either I will look at Ebay for the bases I need, or I will have to wait. 

The Ogors I had started to paint before all got a new layer of paint on them, so that they have all painted their pants now. Itill have the last batch I primed to paint along with this last unit of Gluttons, and the idea is to start on their skin next. I need to check the bases on the last unit of Leadbelcchers, and I think they have square bases as it is an old box. so I vill probably build and prime them before I start on the skin on the next units so that I can paint them up along side.

Then I will start on the Mournfang units and the big beasts (Stonehorns or Thundertusks, I still haven't decided what I will make them as).

Ingen kommentarer: