tirsdag 16. april 2024

quite a productive week...

This period has been quite productive even if I don't have anything finished to show off.

First of all I have primed all my built models, and re-primed to big scenery pieces (was originally primed black, now they are white, although one has sort of a senital spray in some areas). The Scenery pieces are a mountain area with some collumns and a tiled floor with a chaos pattern in it (would think it is primarily for AoS (although I am sure when I bought it it was for Warhammer Fantasy) and a wasteland area with craters, dead trees and a scrapped and battele damaged Rhino for Warhammer 40K.

I have also sorted my minis much better, so that the primed modles now stand in boxes with their kin. I will work on this a little furter when I have my dogs, as I plan to buy more plastic boxes and move the unfinished models from soda-boxes of cardboard to plastic bins with lids as they are much more stackable. I have bought and installed a new shelf this weekend, that gives me room for 9 low boxes or 3 tall and 3 low boxes (so I will see what I ned most to have my armies in). I can also stack the boxes in another location in the hobby room, so the ones that don't fit in the shelf will be stacked there. 

I also re-packaged all my unbuit boxes in to small cardboard boxes, moved a lot of them to my storage unit and stacked the ones I wanted to keep in a tidy manner.

This combined with giving a lot of books to a local flea-market made the room a lot cleaner and I got some floorspace back.

On Saturday I was at my local Warhammer store, and they had the Bretonnian Old World Army box (the one that was released along side the Tomb Kings). It contains a lot of models to build and paint in the future. I think it is 76 models, with a mix of soldiers on foot and on horses and 4 on winged horses)

I have finished building a unit of five Attilan Rough Riders (the horse cavalry) for my Imperial Guard army. I was not too happy about how to attach their right arms as I felt I could not connect them the way it was suggested in the instructions, but apart from that the set was pretty nice. I think it worked out ok in the end though, and I am sure they will look fine once they are primed and painted. I have one more box of them to build, and I am trying to figure out how I want to arm them and if I want to field them as one unit of 10 or two units of 5 (maybe I'll need to get more in the future). I figure if I should have them as one unit then they should all have the same kind of weapon tips on their lances, so I might go for two units of 5 to begin with.

While cleaning up and looking through the boxes I found 4 Ogor Leadbelchers that was partially assembled, so I finished them and put them in a cardboard box together with the Attilan Rough Riders ready for my next priming session.

When that was done I sat down with my Sons of Behemat army and started to add to their skin. All skin was origninally painted with Bugmans Glow, a base paint, and now all the skin got a round with the contrast paint Guilliman Flesh. This gives them sort of a grimy look that I think work well for gargants. 

I discovered a few areas that should be skin that I hadn't painted on a few of them, so I managed to fix that with Bugmans Glow and Guilliman Flesh. I will take a good look on all the gargants one more time to make sure all skin is painted now, before I call it done.

I have also painted most of the pants on my Mancrushers. I have 15 of them, and only have 3 more pants to paint now, and I know what colors I would like to use on them so that will be fixed in the next sitting. The Mega-Gargants mostly wear skin, and there are some skin details on the Mancrushers too so that will be next. 


Ingen kommentarer: