tirsdag 9. april 2024

Rascal Town Knight Goblin arrived...

I was very happy to recive a notification today that my package from Rogue Hobbies containing my Rascal Town Knight Goblin had arived at my local post office (or rather post in store as we don't have a dedicated post office anymore just a storage room and a counter beside the checkout counter at one of the local food stores. So as soon as I could log off from work I went to the store to collect this beauty.

I got home and unpacked the beautiful box with Rascal Town on it, and looked forward to seeing my Knight goblin (the third goblin in the series).




Unfortionately he had been badly wounded during transport, and both his legs and the arm holding the club had broken off, and the club itself had also broken in to a few pieces so the joy got a big kick in the nuts.


But I checked over on the home page of Rascal Town and they say that some damage might happen because the figure is very fragile, but that it is fixable with superglue.
I am not an expert with resin, but the breaks on both the arm and the legs looked very "clean" so I think I can fix it if I use the right amount of superglue and some patience.

I also ordered some scenery (Two barrels and a chest) and they arrived in the same box undamaged.


It is important to say at this stage that I do not blame Rogue Hobbies for the damage, I only blame the companies that has handled the package in transit from UK to my local post delivery. The goblin appeared to be packaged safe enough in his little box, but being a small package I am sure it was damaged while being tossed around with bigger and heavier things that was sent from UK to Norway at the same time.

I have collected all the pieces and will take my time glueing him together and then I will do my best to give him a nice paintjob so that he can stand on display somewhere in my hobby room.

I will try to get the first goblin as well, as I see it is possible to order, but I am unsure if the second one will be available as they have a fishig one caled nr 1, a christmas one called nr 0 and the knight called nr 3. Would love to collect them all.

I will keep you updated on the repair process and the painting. I hope to get to sit down this weekend and start the repairs.




Ingen kommentarer: