mandag 11. august 2008

This is the beginning of a roof for my guard shack. I haven't yet decided if the shack shall be placed on the top of the watch tower or on the ground beside it. This same technique will be used for making the roof on the chapel. The idea is to use the black basing to give the roof tiles a shadow effect, as someone has said that my minis look too flat.
I will try this technique on the roofs and after this is done I will drybrush with a brown color to get some different colors on the tiles.
The chapel and tower walls will be painted in one shade of grey and drybrushed with another.
This should give the impression of a stone wall that has been built a long time ago but still been rather well maintained. I hope this will give the desired effect, as I would love to build something more like a castle in the future, using some sort of wood and alabaster plaster.
Beside painting the buildings I'm also thinking out a way to put something behind the holes of the windows as I want the buildings to look like more than empty shells.
I'll try to remember to post the progress here.

I'll finish with a picture of the chapel before I start painting...

Ingen kommentarer: