onsdag 28. januar 2009

Landspeeder update #1

I have now assembled the main body and fuselage on the Landspeeder.
It took a lot of cutting and sawing, but I finally got it together in what looks to be an acceptable way (though experts on this model will see that it is slightly amputated in some places).
I plan to use thin layers of Greenstuff to fill and close the small gaps that has occured because of the assembly problems. For some of the larger gaps I will have to decide if I should use Greenstuff or some other cheaper putty (will probably end with Greenstuff).
Then I'll do the used car trick, and give it a good paintjob and simply paint over all the bodywork to give it the usual finish. I will have to decide on how to do the two-tone colorsceme of Midnight blue and UltraMarine blue of the 2nd Ultras, but I have a few ideas that I will play around with.

After I got the top glued to the rest of the main body yesterday evening, the assembly seems to work fine. The only thing I am a little sceptical of now, is positioning the arms for the pilot and gunner in such a way that it will look natural now that the controls and weapon mount probably are a little closer to the pre-assembled feet compared to what was the plan when the model was cast.
But if it should end up looking too "crappy" I guess I will have to try to do some more modifications. I have some spare arms that I can experiment with if the worst should happen...
I will try to take some pics of the way the speeder looks now, and keep you updated on the progress along the way.

As for the 4 remaining terminators, they got the remaining coat of Ultramarines blue yesterday, so tomorrow I will start on the shoulderguard details in Boltgun metal and Shining Gold, and Boltgun metal and Scab red for the weapon. Aslo there are a few details on the powerfists that need some painting.

Ingen kommentarer: