mandag 21. februar 2011

Enter the Dreadnoughts...

For some days now I've been building dreadnoughts.
After finishing off the 12 Chaos warriors to start off "The Shining" unit (12 more will follow at a later time), it was time for another 40K project.
Looking through my Space Marines shelf, I found one venerable and two ironclad dreadnoughts, and I thought they might be a worthy project.
My Venerable dreadnought is only missing his smoke launchers and the searchlight before he can march in to battle.
Games Workshop made the parts really tight, so the arms will stay on without the use of glue. This gave me the opportunity to use almost all weapon options on one dreadnought.
The left arm ends in a power fist, and it will do so on all configurations. Under the powerfist there is a stormbolter, and this will also be there for all three configurations.
The shoulderguard on this arm will match the one that is used for my standard configuration, and the standard right arm will be the assault cannon.
Optional right arm configurations are the ornate twin lascannon or the plastmacannon.
Originally GW has designed the dread so I can use the same shoulder for all weapons and just replace the weapons. But since there are slight differences in the needed equipment for the weapons to function, I decided on replacing the entire arm.

The Ironclads are still just in pieces. The sarcofarguses are mostly done, except for the powerplants as I like to paint them separately before assembly. I think the Ironclads will get permanent weapon placments,  but I will have to see when the project evolves a little further.
The first Ironclad will have permanent weapons for sure. It will be armed with hurricane bolters and a seismic hammer. I might add some hunter-killer missiles as well, I know one of the two will have it but have not decided which one or if both will have this. Guess I'll have to check a bit about the use and point values first.
The second Ironclad will (as it looks now) have a chainfist and a close combat weapon. The latter might be replaced with hurricane bolters, but I will have to see as the project evolves. Might be cool to have more of a close combat dreadnought as well, and the Ironclad is perfect for that role.

Ingen kommentarer: