onsdag 4. januar 2012

Baneblade completed!

Finally! *drumroll* The Baneblade is 100% finished, and ready for action! It turned out quite nice I must say, but I have found a few things I will do different when assembling future Super heavy tanks.
One thing I will do is that I will paint as I assemble. I know many people claim this isn't needed, but I feel that the painting will be a lot easier and the result better if this is done.
The good thing is that I now know where it will be helpful to paint before assembly, and where this is not needed. While painting up this Baneblade I have taken a lot of decisions on what colors to use on different parts, so I will just continue with this colorscheme for the rest of the super heavy tanks that will follow. So far another Baneblade and a Shadowsword is planned, but there might be more in the future.
Forgeworld has a lot of very cool tank models, buth regular tanks and super heavies, but I don't feel too comfortable working with so much resin and they are also quite expensive. So I will insead try to make do with the tanks from Games Workshop's regular product range and see if I can modify some of them a little.

Next project: I am a little undecided at the moment, trying to see if I should build a Hellhound, a Leman Russ of some sort or a Valkyrie. I will probably paint som regular infantry first.

Ingen kommentarer: