tirsdag 10. februar 2015

The first units of Bullgryns are done

I've managed to get some work done this last week, and I have now finished both groups of Bullgryns that I have been working on.
The three Bullgryns with grenadier gauntlets and slab shields will be part of a larger unit in the future. They are a legal unit as they are now, with one bone 'ead and two regular Bullgryns, but since I can have up to ten in one unit a larger unit will look really cool. I am thinking a unit of nine.

The five Bullgryns with battle mauls and suppression shields will probably be the only ones with this armament, and will work as one unit. I might have to add one more Bullgryn as this unit doesn't have a Bone 'ead yet, but I am not sure if that is a must (but I belive so). I will look in to that and build from there. There are two small details left on these, and that is painting the tips of the power generators on their battle mauls and on the shields and painting a circle in the middle of the shields a lighter blue (need to decide on the blue to use before I do that).

The remaining boxes on the shelves will be made in to Bullgryns with slab shiels (two more boxes and I have a unit of nine) and regular Ogres.

The Abhuman Auxiliary command squad is also comming along. The uniforms are painted, and the armour for the ones wearing that is also done. I have also painted the banner, but not attatched it to the pole yet.

The Chaos Space Marine terminators are also getting close to completion. I have added everything to them, and painted six of ten with all the silvery bits. The remaining four will be done shortly.
I have also started on their trophy racks, and so far I have painted the leather pouches and the "pompoms", and the next job will be painting skulls and helmets before I finish with painting the tips of the racks metal and do a clean up. Then I plan to add rust to some of the chainmail and the broken trophy racks.

I have also done a little painting on my first Inqisitor. I'm missing a lot of details still, but he comes along slowly. I have not decided what unit to use him with yet (might be mainly for display purposes), but I am leaning towards a unit of Tempestus Scions. He's armed with a plastma pistol, and I think that might fit well with either Scions or Space Marines where the unit maxes out on their plastma weapons.
The second Inquisitor is still waiting to be painted. He is armed with an Inferno pistol and power sword, and he will fight alongside a squad of Sisters of Battle, but I might also use him with other forces if I want to add him to a game. These two Inquisitors look a lot like old witch hunters, and that is probably why I ended up getting them, as I love that look.
The third Inquisitor I have, looks a bit more special with a rather special helmet and armed with bolter and powersword. He will be accompanied by two Crusaders, as I think these figures fit together.

I have also dived in to fantasy for some experimental basework. I decided to base my Ogres with a snow theme, and I used texture paint for the first time on the base of one of my Ogres. I used the one called Mournfang Snow (if I remeber he name correctly). The idea is to use both this texture paint and the snow powder (same as static grass only white it seems) to make some snow effect on the bases. Still all bases will not be completely covered in snow, there will be som mud, some rocks and some small forms of vegetation as well.
If the texture paint works well, then I will use some of that on my Dwarf army, but then with mud and rocks. The only Dwarfs based so far are my miners, and they are based mostly with gravel, and I think I will use that for my remaining Miners, maybe combined with texture paint.
I also plan to use texture paint on the ground of my Citadel woods, both the two regular forrests and the haunted forrest.
If the temperature is kind to me, I hope to basecoat a lot of buildings, the haunted forrest and the one finished regular forrest this weekend.

Ingen kommentarer: