søndag 16. august 2015

Armies on Parde - Part 3

I have finished painting the Devastators, and glued them together.
There will be need for some cleanup-painting later, but I will do that as I make the bases.
I have to say that this kit was both very enjoyable and utterly terrible. The models look great, and all the weapon options are great. Plenty of spares, and a multitude of ways to assemble the troops to make sure that no two units look exacly the same.
But they were a real pain to glue together, as there were so many parts that needed to fit together when it came to positioning of arms, backpack and weapons.
With normal Space Marines you might need to get the arm to fit with a weapon and then get the two to fit with another arm. Here you needed to get the backpacks to fit in with two arms and a loose weapon, and with all those parts it was hard to get everything to fit right without making a mess with the glue.
The easiest fit for me was the plasma cannon, so for my next unit of five I will see if I can add more plasma cannons.
The hardest was the grav cannon, so that will only be in the one squad I think, then I will add grav pistols for commanders instead, if I want more grav weapons (and experienced players tell me I will like that).

I still have several packs of the old devastators on my shelf, but I will not bring those to the Armies on Parade board. They will find their way in to the army though.

The next unit for the Armies on Parade now, I think will be the Space Marine Bike squad, and a chaplain and captain. I seem to land on using the captain that looks like he belongs with the Devastators.


Ingen kommentarer: