søndag 22. mai 2016

Had a productive day yesterday

I decided I wanted to take a short break from painting, and do some more building instead.
I am thinking of what to use as a third color for the beasts that the Mighty Skullcrushers of Khorne ride to war on. I 'm working on the first one now and so far I have painted it all Khorne Red. I know I will use a lot of Retributor Armour gold as well, but I think it will look nice with a third color for some areas. While I'm thinking on this, I thought I could add some more minis to the army so I found some of the single miniatures I had laying around.
So yesterday I assembled four characters for the army:
I assembled the Slaughterpriest with the two handed axe, the Slaughterpriest with hackblade and wrath-hammer, a Skullgrinder and the Exalted Deathbringer with the head that has big horns and who look a lot like a barbarian.

I also assembled the first of my minis from the Age of Sigmar starter set. I have decided to sell off all my Stormcast Eternals, so I thought if I managed to assemble all the Chaos figures from the box before I sold it, then I could give the buyer the complete assembly guide, instead of having to rip it in half to get what I need to assemble the Chaos force.
I plan to assemble much of this force during the week, as it looks like many of the figures are just two or three pieces that needs to be glued together. I will still need to clean them up before I get to the assembly part though...

I started with the leader, a Mighty Lord of Khorne with his pet hound, sort of the chaos version of Skarsnik and Gobbla. Getting to fix the Lord and his hound on the base was the most difficult part, as they had to line up exactly right in order to get the leash to fit right.Took a few attempts, but I think it worked quite well in the end though.

And speaking of Skarsnik (or Turnip as he is named in my Greenskin army), I've assembled three Goblin fanatics. I just love those crazy poses, so when I found a box of them laying around I had to build them right away. I tried out a new head that I haven't used before, a head with mushrooms growing on top of it. I hope I can paint it up to give it justice. The box left me with a few spare parts that I will try to use on other goblin figures to make them stand out a little bit from the standard one piece figures that I have so many of. There are some nice spare heads, a small Squig and some base things like a pot of mushroom stew and some mushrooms.

I was at Games Workshop in Oslo on Saturday, and collected my miniatures from The Fang, so in a few days I will post the before promised pics of the entries.

Ingen kommentarer: