torsdag 12. mai 2016

Status on the Chaos project so far

I have finished ten of my Khorne Warriors. They were entered in the painting competition "The Fang" at Games Workshop in Oslo as an Age of Sigmar unit entry, but did not end in the top three.
I will take pictures of them and pose them here, as soon as I get the minis home from the store. It will be some time next week probably.

I also entered Grim Burloksson, who in the current edition of Age of Sigmar has been reduced to a "Cogsmith". In my army he will be a character, the crazy engineer and inventor of the Badyear Blimp and several other wild inventions. Age of Sigmar have divided the Dwarfs in to two factions now, where the Cogsmith, cannon, organ gun, Gyrocopter and Gyrobomber has been put in a faction along with the Empire Steam Tank and cannons. The faction is called "Ironweld Arsenal". The rest of the Dwarfs that still exist in the game is called "Dispossessed". Stupid name if you ask me, it sounds more like someone that has been under a curse or something and manged to get rid of it. So in this blog, and in my mind I will keep calling all my Dwarfs for Dwarfs. I will field an army consisting of a lot of stuff that is end of sale, as I will use all the Dwarf units I have in my possession (pun intended) in my army. Might think a bit on what to do for the Armies on Parade though, as that might demand current issue minis. Grim entered in the Aos Single miniature category, and I did not believe he would stand a chance of a top three placement, and he didn't. The winner was an Empire general who was insanely painted with small and intricate freehand work (a worthy winner).

For the Aos Monster category I entered my Giant, or Aleguzzler Gargant as the AoS books now call him. The Giant (lets call him what he really is, so everybody knows what we're talking about) was painted and based a long time ago, but he recently got a new wash on all the skin parts. He didn't reach the top three in his category either, but I like him a lot anyway. It's sort of insane to see how big he is compared to an Ogre, who are the biggest minis I usually work with. I will take a pic to compare when I get him back from the store.

In the Open category, I entered my first Ogre unit (or Ogors as AoS like to call them, from the Gutbusters faction). They received their new base not too long ago, and I painted the trim of the bases to match just before entering them in to The Fang. They didn't reach the top three either, but I can only speculate that they might have done better than my Chaos warriors if I had entered them in the AoS Unit category instead. But with only one entry allowed for each category I had to choose...

As for the chaos army I have now primed all assembled minis. I will start to paint up some of the bigger ones alongside my chaos warriors in the near future, as they take up a lot of space on my table.

Ï have done a lot of the paint on the Sorcerer Lord, but I need to decide on how to paint some of the details before I go on.
I have also started on my Rotbringers Sorcerer for the Nurgle part of thee army.

Ingen kommentarer: