torsdag 19. mai 2016

more characters added to the chaos army

Two new characters have been assembled this week, and more will follow...

I managed to sit for a few hours on Monday, and built the Chaos Lord that holds a big spear and looks like he is standing on high ground and looking out over the battlefield. He will be painted up in the traditional black and gold, and be a leader for the Warriros that is not dedicated to a special God.

The other character that I assembled was Gutrot Spume, who will lead the Putrid Blightkings in to battle. They are followers of Nurgle, but have decayed a lot more than the Nurgle warriors, so I will use more rust effects on their weapons, and generally make them seem more sick.
The Warriors doesn't show any skin at all, so I will do a little experimentation to see how I can produce a skintone that looks Nurgly. The armor plates will be painted like the Warriors, but will probably get some rust effects and dirt, as this will fit the look of the figures better than a clean paintjob. Then I will use the same skintones on the sorcerer as well.

I wasn't too happy with the bases on my Khorne Warriors that I entered in the Fang, so I have started to see if I can find a new way to base the army. I will make all Khorne warriors with the same base for consistency, but then I will try to make other bases for the rest of the army. I did a sample with Armageddon Dust, and I already use Lustrian Undergrowth for my Nurgle Deamons. As I make the remaining twenty bases for the Khorne warriors, I might get better with the bases, and if I get the cracked effect I want, the bases will be really cool, but if I don't learn to get that effect then there is better to use a technical paint to cover the base.

Ingen kommentarer: